Author Topic: Reflow oven ~$5k recommendations and experience?  (Read 2253 times)

Online Reckless

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Reflow oven ~$5k recommendations and experience?
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2020, 03:04:46 pm »
If it was covnection heating I might have been interested.  Infrared is uneven heat in my experience.

according to the manufacturer, it is a combination of infrared and hot air:
" This machine selects the intelligent level sirocco and rapid infrared heating technology controlling, equipped with special design wind wheel"
https://www.puhuit.com/main/page_products_t960e_reflow_oven.html
The vendor has shipped it, I had my doubts as I only paid $300. They sold out shortly after I posted about it, did anyone else here buy one off Amazon?

I bought two the next day for a heat curing application.  Should be arriving today.  If we have time we may test/profile it for smt reflow. 

Offline wheedal

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2020, 12:22:30 am »
anyone get their T960E from the amazon deal?

Online Reckless

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2020, 03:58:13 am »
Yes, I got mine.  Haven't had a chance to use it.  Did you get one?

Offline wheedal

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2020, 05:20:31 am »
shipping delayed, but fingers crossed

Online Reckless

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2020, 05:49:44 am »
It will come but be prepared for a 40 amp 110V outlet.  It has a huge thick cord with a monstrous plug.  I thought they would have put a 20 amp cord and setup a delay not to turn on all heaters at once to keep peak current low.  If you don't get it I have extras in chicago.  It won't work for my curing application as opening is a hair to small.  May end up returning one.

Offline sam512bb

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 05:34:47 pm »
It will come but be prepared for a 40 amp 110V outlet.  It has a huge thick cord with a monstrous plug.  I thought they would have put a 20 amp cord and setup a delay not to turn on all heaters at once to keep peak current low.  If you don't get it I have extras in chicago.  It won't work for my curing application as opening is a hair to small.  May end up returning one.

Hmmm... something is a bit odd here.  My 960 (ordered directly from Puhui) was wired for 3-phase power and so I had to modify things to accommodate single phase 220VAC... and I believe I have a 30A breaker.  If the unit you have is setup for 110/120VAC 40A... then your site wiring is going to need attention, as wire needed to accommodate 40A is going to be rather beefy...

Also, my T960 can draw as much as 4500W... so at 120VAC this would require a minimum current of 37.5A or... 20A with 220V (single phase).  So your comment about a timed delay of the turn on of the elements may not trip the breaker, but is electrically risky and would not be a wise or insurance-safe option/solution. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 05:39:19 pm by sam512bb »

Online Reckless

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 07:08:58 pm »
May I ask how much you paid for your unit?  I remember these used to run almost $4000 shipped 3-4 years ago. 

Im pretty sure it can be rewired to 220V easily.  It comes with a huge thick whip which we used to test our machine at 110V. 

If I was manufacturer I would have programmed the micro to turn on one heat zone at a time and then used a regular 15A or 20A plug.  4500W divide by 5 900W per heat zone peak.  I would have made it 3-4 heat zones all on top (no bottom) using 15A plug so more people in USA will want to use it.  The only drawback would be it would take awhile to warm up.  I think Neoden did something like this and called it a smart oven. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 07:18:15 pm by Reckless »

Offline dirtcooker

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 02:18:17 am »
anyone get their T960E from the amazon deal?

Mine arrived. It's set up for 120vac single phase (or 3-phase). I wired it to a 40A breaker. With switches 1, 2, and 3 on, it pulls 45A. I'd like to power it from 240vac, but that does not appear to be an option.

I may take it apart to see if the heaters can be rewired in series for 240vac operation. If not, I'll have to use a transformer.
When all is said and done, much more is said than done

Online Reckless

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 03:27:49 am »
You got different results than me but we didn't measure current.  heat zones 1,2,3,4 worked on 30 amp 110V circuit. My electrician was over yesterday he said we can switch to 230V 3 phase.  He could tell it was chinese by how power was not properly locked down and mounted inside panel in one part of the oven.  He will be back in a week, he is helping install a 480V electrical heater.

Anybody looking for one of these in chicago I have two extra for sale.

Offline dirtcooker

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 02:12:33 pm »
My electrician was over yesterday he said we can switch to 230V 3 phase. 
If you can offer any more info on that I would be grateful. I have written to support@puhuit.com, and will post their response here, if any.
When all is said and done, much more is said than done

Online Reckless

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 03:43:55 pm »
I will ask next time he is over.  He comes randomly every few weeks as a side job. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf