Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Reviews of the ZHENGBANG ZB3530HL Reflow Oven? Hot Air Circulation and Power

<< < (3/4) > >>

48X24X48X:

--- Quote from: asmi on September 14, 2023, 08:03:44 pm ---
--- Quote from: Kean on September 14, 2023, 12:55:10 pm ---Yes, the menu system and display info on the ZB is very basic compared to my T962A (running the Unified Engineering firmware).

--- End quote ---
It's not just display, but also the way they define a soldering profile is very... unorthodox shall I say. Normally you'd specify temps at certain time points, but in that oven you get to set a temperature you need to reach for each stage, and how long do you want this temperature to be held, and oven goes full blast as it transitions between stages. To be fair, my T962 with UE firmware was never able to follow the temp profile I specify exactly and temperature always lagged behind, so in some sense ZB35xxHL's way kind of makes sense.

That said, attached is the most recent example of a board I reflowed in my oven. Please excuse the quality as lighting conditions were not the best, but hopefully good enough to give you idea of parts used. This is a 10 layer board with a big-ish 1 mm pitch 484 balls BGA (and anothe smaller one for the QSPI flash memory), big connectors (SODIMM DDR3, two ERM5s and ERM8) and a metric ton of smaller parts, so "dynamic range" so to speak is very large.

--- End quote ---

No plastic were harmed in the process? That's the part I hate on my Puhui T937M. I believe the ZB series oven are much better built and designed.

asmi:

--- Quote from: 48X24X48X on September 15, 2023, 06:51:54 am ---No plastic were harmed in the process? That's the part I hate on my Puhui T937M. I believe the ZB series oven are much better built and designed.

--- End quote ---
Yes these ovens are much more plastic-friendly. That said, I haven't tried yet reflowing some of connectors which were 100% getting destroyed by T962, to see how they fare, but MiniCircuits modules like ADP-2-1+ became significantly darker after T962, while they look like new after ZB oven. However ERM5 and ERM8 connectors by Samtec were just fine even in T962 - I don't know exactly what kind of plastic they use, but it's very IR-tolerant, unlike the one used in connectors from Molex.
But most importantly, these ZB ovens are ready-to-go out of box, with no tinkering required (unlike T962 family).

Kean:

--- Quote from: asmi on September 15, 2023, 01:41:23 pm ---However ERM5 and ERM8 connectors by Samtec were just fine even in T962 - I don't know exactly what kind of plastic they use, but it's very IR-tolerant, unlike the one used in connectors from Molex.

--- End quote ---

Those are made from LCP which is much more heat tolerant than the common Nylon connectors.

BreakingOhmsLaw:
I've got an ZB2520HL on order, it's the smaller model. Will report once I had a chance to use it in anger.

asmi:

--- Quote from: BreakingOhmsLaw on September 16, 2023, 10:23:10 pm ---I've got an ZB2520HL on order, it's the smaller model. Will report once I had a chance to use it in anger.

--- End quote ---
This is the oven that I have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version