Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Reviews of the ZHENGBANG ZB3530HL Reflow Oven? Hot Air Circulation and Power

<< < (4/4)

48X24X48X:
If any of you tried with JST PH, XH, HY-2.0, etc connectors and it didn't melt or get pretty brown, do update here. I want to get rid of my Puhui T-937 eventually.

BreakingOhmsLaw:

--- Quote from: 48X24X48X on September 18, 2023, 03:40:17 am ---If any of you tried with JST PH, XH, HY-2.0, etc connectors and it didn't melt or get pretty brown, do update here. I want to get rid of my Puhui T-937 eventually.

--- End quote ---
Getting solder temperature ratings from JST is like pulling teeth. No Information in the data sheets, their support isn't helpful either.
JST PH is made of Polyamide 66, which has a melting temperature of 260°C. You need to stay well clear of that to prevent browning.

When I need to use these POS, I use SnBi solder when possible, or give it to an assembly service that uses vapor phase or nitrogen ovens.

Molex provides proper soldering profiles. For Picoblade , it's 40-60 seconds min 220°C, max 245 °C

48X24X48X:
It melts in IR based oven like my T-937 but not on the hacked toaster oven.

BreakingOhmsLaw:

Well, I got my ZB2520HL and I'm happy to report that all JST connectors I have put through an out-of-the-box lead-free temperature profile came out just fine without decolorization. Same for crystals and electrolytic caps that sit on a a plastic base.

Now, that said, I have noticed a particular change. The oven now comes with a glass fibre mat that sits in the drawer. My guess is, that the IR now does not reflect from the polished metal, but rather heats up the entire drawer surface, creating a more even heat. Since this oven also has a fan, that yields a very even heat distribution.
I am doing more testing, but so far I can recommend the ZB. It's a significant improvement over the T962. It comes with proper earth connection to the chassis, and does not include materials that try to poison you the first time you fire it up.
The menu is a bit wonky, but usable. There were some minor cosmetic issues. The from decal was loose in a corner and the laser left some sputter that could have been cleaned up. I will start a separate thread with a brief review.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version