Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Seeed Studio Fusion PCB Service

<< < (4/5) > >>

shadewind:

--- Quote from: metalphreak on October 25, 2011, 06:28:11 am ---Received a few more boards from Seeed recently :)

Check out  the images here: http://imgur.com/a/kcBrC

The white soldermask turned out to be pretty nice. A small percentage of the boards have silkscreen blemishes or a slight misalignment but all of the boards are fine electrically. Ordered a set of 100 boards and received 110 so the blemished ones are freebies anyway :)

It would seem that the PCB factory that produces these is the one who puts the little number codes on the boards, and they always get put on the front regardless of your requests. Solution: before creating and sending off your gerbers, mirror your entire design, so the front becomes the back, and vice-versa  ::)

--- End quote ---
Nice! As I said previously, you may use slots instead of large holes for DC jacks. I have done this successfully without even realizing when I used the included Altium footprint.

joelby:

--- Quote from: shadewind on October 25, 2011, 10:18:14 am ---Nice! As I said previously, you may use slots instead of large holes for DC jacks. I have done this successfully without even realizing when I used the included Altium footprint.

--- End quote ---

Are you thinking of the DC jack in the miscellaneous connectors library? That one inexplicably has two holes next to each other and some annotations rather than a slot, even though Altium supports slots.

Itead just turned it into a plated slot, and PCBCart me asked for confirmation before doing the same.

The built-in libraries are a bit of a hassle, really! I'm slowly building up my own.

shadewind:

--- Quote from: joelby on October 25, 2011, 12:35:18 pm ---
--- Quote from: shadewind on October 25, 2011, 10:18:14 am ---Nice! As I said previously, you may use slots instead of large holes for DC jacks. I have done this successfully without even realizing when I used the included Altium footprint.

--- End quote ---

Are you thinking of the DC jack in the miscellaneous connectors library? That one inexplicably has two holes next to each other and some annotations rather than a slot, even though Altium supports slots.

Itead just turned it into a plated slot, and PCBCart me asked for confirmation before doing the same.

The built-in libraries are a bit of a hassle, really! I'm slowly building up my own.

--- End quote ---
Well, a plated slot is what you want, isn't it? Anyway, in what way does Altium support slots specifically?

joelby:

--- Quote from: shadewind on October 25, 2011, 11:41:24 pm ---Well, a plated slot is what you want, isn't it?

--- End quote ---

Yep!

--- Quote ---Anyway, in what way does Altium support slots specifically?

--- End quote ---

You can make a rounded rectangle pad and give it a slot instead of a hole.

My point was that the built-in libraries are a bit dodgy and in some cases are clearly ancient - perhaps the DC jack footprint predates the slot functionality!

shadewind:
In that footprint, there is a track on Mechanical 1 to represent this so it appears to me that it does as it should. I'm not sure why the holes are there, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version