Author Topic: SMT 460 Cameras  (Read 1286 times)

Offline chuckphdTopic starter

SMT 460 Cameras
« on: February 04, 2023, 04:19:08 am »
I have had my SMT460 for a while and us it alot..
Not too dissapointed for the $..
But I am not happy with a couple of the un-knows concerning the High Def / High Speed Recognition cameras.

There are Setting...
 "L"    typically set to 100
and
"Threshold"   typically set to 127

I am sure these are camera values of some sort but hate the idea there is no information
on user settable variables.

thru experimenting,   with the High Speed camera, i found increasing the 'Rotate' speed
seems to help with quicker recognition.

Wishs this coe was open source, it would increase the value of the machine if the user base could invest some time..

chuck

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
Re: SMT 460 Cameras
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 12:37:45 pm »
First of all, the 460 is one of the older models but still supported in terms of software upgrade but maybe certain features are not offered anymore to it.

Basically the L refers to the LED brightness. On my newer machine (HW-T4-50F), it is usually around 250. These works great I guess for all my small component using the fast camera.

The threshold on the hand works great at 127 with most components. But when you have a more irregular shaped, darker shade of components, this value need to be changed (on top of maybe the LED brightness). Pick the component of interest and run the vision test and look at the camera view. You can see by adjusting the threshold value, the rectangular estimating the size of the component to determine the size and rotation changes. Play around with that value until the measurements of the components is close to what it is and doesn't jump/deviates that much.

Hope that helps.

But I also wonder why did you pick up such an older model?

Offline chuckphdTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 03:23:31 pm »
Thanks   this is the early model had it 10yrs now, and the software is not supported anymore according to "jim' a the YingXing Co.

The L1 control box is part of the High Def Camera setting, the LED is a separate controller setting elsewhere in the controls..
I believe Jim had mentioned it was 'limiter' but would not expand, was told to leave it set to 100, but I find if I lower it to 50 (min setting)
the placement identification,  at least for The High Def Camera is quicker, so I assume it is being 'less' discerning about the alignment,
even-tho it still seems very accurate.

I find that changing the Threshold either side of the 127 setting usually causes issus with the part identification.
I still do not understand what the Threshold setting for the camera 'actually adjusts, or does' !
you said "the threshold on the hand works great"  ???   no idea what this means.

There is also an adjustment Vis Range that adjusts the camera 'zoom' setting   50=close (for smaller parts) =255(for larger).
I did find that getting closer is not necessarily better... the software can get confused and tends to rotate the part trying to find a center match.
This actually makes it worse, it is a fine dance with the chinese software...

There is also a fine dance I found with the Camera Delay setting and the Project Run Rotate part setting.
if you set the system part rotate too slow, the camera recognition would falter and take longer to detect 'proper alignment' for placement.
I usually keep my Delay Cam setting at 25 ( assuming millisecs ).  and keep the Rotate setting close to the faster top end.....
Not too high so the part would 'slip' during rotation tho.

I tried to add an attachmet (here on my ipad but this forum does not seem to find the ipad photo folder or file folder, will try monday on work computer)

Chuck

« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 07:41:54 pm by chuckphd »

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 05:35:23 am »
I never had the chance to see interface in person on the older software although I did saw the 460 in real person. The software did changed quite dramatically over the years for better. You can try to post your interface images here, I will see if I can get people from HWGC to help decipher these settings on the older software.

On my new software, I did saw older machine listing like those with 40 and 44 feeder but I am not sure if that is the 460 we are talking about. You can also try looking at my part 2 of my video where I tried to adjust the settings for a large module using the high definition camera. The naming and interface could be different but you might get some idea from there.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2023, 05:19:22 am »
HWGC told me one of the reason for the software weren't able to support these older machine is on the camera portion.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf