Author Topic: Solder paste printer advice  (Read 1476 times)

Offline liquidairTopic starter

Solder paste printer advice
« on: November 07, 2023, 04:48:18 pm »
Hi everyone, I am in the process of setting up a small SMD assembly line. I just bought a T962C and intend to mod the snot out of it, and now I'm looking into solder paste printers. The problem is my boards can be rather large at 17"+ (432mm for all you metric types), so I have to factor that in, plus I may try to use the printer for silk screening as well.

I'm between the 3040 'precision' models like this: https://www.charmhigh-tech.com/sale-7840305-high-precision-solder-paste-stencil-printer-3040-smt-manual-solder-paste-printer.html, and the basic ones like this so I can get a bigger surface area: https://www.charmhigh-tech.com/sale-7840306-bigger-size-manual-smt-stencil-printer-450-600mm-screen-printing-machine-4560.html. The other option is to make a homebrew version of some sort.

I'd think with the 3040, despite it having a smaller working area, that one could get some longer aluminum support bars made to expand the working area. For the basic one, I feel like I recall some people saying that the working surface is too thin and bows making it useless.

Does anyone have experience with either or both of these units who can share their experiences? Thank you!

Online Jackster

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
Re: Solder paste printer advice
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 05:34:10 pm »
I have both and the cheap bigger one is trash!
The bed is not accurate at all. It is not flat and is impossible to print consistently over multiple boards.

Your best bet is the 6040 and using the 2 long bars to support the board.
I am actually working on an extension plate for this printer which will sit on top of the existing one and allow for bigger boards/panels to be done on it as the printer is really good.
It is over 10mm thick aluminum plate and does not bend.

Don't buy from Charmhigh. They are crocks.

I use HUAQIZHENGBANG all the time
They have it for sale here, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33040322200

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 05:46:51 pm »
Perfect, this is what I was looking for!

I can't find it anymore but there was a link, perhaps it was Huaqizhengbang's website, where they had the usual 3040 and also bigger models (perhaps one was the 6040). Searching those part numbers didn't turn up any for sale, unfortunately. But maybe that's because its simple enough to add longer bars or a whole plate like you are doing.

Good looking out on Charmhigh. I wasn't going to buy from them but its good to know!

Offline meshtron

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 09:12:00 pm »
...I use HUAQIZHENGBANG all the time

This is good to hear.  I have one of their 3040 machines landing at the US port tomorrow, so hopefully see it in the next couple weeks.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 03:58:41 am »
This is good to hear.  I have one of their 3040 machines landing at the US port tomorrow, so hopefully see it in the next couple weeks.

Yup, I pulled the trigger on one as well based on Jackster's rec. Hopefully we both like them!

The following users thanked this post: meshtron

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf