Author Topic: Assembly (PCBA) only companies, BYO PCBs  (Read 1628 times)

Online loki42Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Assembly (PCBA) only companies, BYO PCBs
« on: September 23, 2019, 07:59:51 am »
So I can get good and cheap PCBs from a company I use regularly. I however want them assembled. Most PCBA places like PCBway quote with their boards as well. Do most of them accept boards from other companies? Are there pure PCBA only companies? If the specifics matter I'm looking for 250 units, 152 SMT parts 10 PTH 43 unique BOM.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:07:51 am by loki42 »

Offline SMTech

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Assembly (PCBA) only companies, BYO PCBs
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 08:49:24 am »
In the case of the PCB manufacturers who have bolted a PCBA service onto their offering, you can only ask, although I think PCBway's online tool lets you specify you will supply the PCB as the PCB section is optional, I would also expect the quoted price to change on review as it isn't asking how many THT joints there are (or any real detail) for instance. For every other service they would normally be quite happy to either source/manufacture the PCB themselves just as they can with the other components of the build. However if you are supplying those parts you should always make sure what you supply is compatible with the manufacturing process.

Edit. Interestingly playing with PCBways form, they charge an instant premium for handling parts you kit to them, I guess that's fair enough as it is more work than working with their own stock. But then again the odds on them stocking everything you want on your build seem remote.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 08:52:54 am by SMTech »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf