Author Topic: source for 008004 (0201 metric) or 009005 (03015 metric) SMD resistors?  (Read 1585 times)

Offline plinganeTopic starter

Does anyone know where I can actually buy size 008004 (0201 metric) or 009005 (03015 metric) SMD resistors? It would be helpful to even find out what manufacturers make these. I know Yageo does but they have an $11,000 minimum order. I've been searching to no avail. Even Octopart.com doesn't list them.

Offline mon2

• Frequent Contributor
0201 metric is an industry standard footprint. It is rather small but very common.

Check Arrow / Digikey / Mouser - each should have them.

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/search?cat=&q=0201+smd+resistor&r=true

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
Those parts at Arrow are inch-dimension 0201 (0.020 in by 0.010 in), not the microscopic inch-dimension 008004.

Offline SMTech

• Frequent Contributor
There appear to be a small number listed but not stocked @ Mouser but the lack of general availability is perhaps not all that surprising. Components that size are not something most people need and perhaps those that do are making very compact, high volume electronics recuing the number of contractors to a very select number all of who deal directly with manufacturer. Most pick and place machines don't handle 4mm tape or parts that small.

Offline plinganeTopic starter

Update a year later (in case anyone cares): Digikey now actually stocks three values of the Yageo RC0075xS series. Avnet shows available to order.
KOA Speer sampled me 1,000 pcs of their RK73B1DTTX101J (100 ohm, 5%) 10 months ago so it is a real part, but they are very slow to respond to inquiries.
ROHM has these smaller sizes supposedly available to order but they are all on allocation and not with distributors.
Other manufacturers with at least data sheets are Cyntec and Topline.
Please make inquiries so the manufacturers can see some interest.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Gribo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf