Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Stencil printer size and stencil size

(1/3) > >>

newtekuser:
I'm the recent owner of a Neoden FP2636 stencil printer for frameless stencils and was sure I would be able to figure out how to place my stencil into the machine but I feel like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
The specs say it should accommodate a stencil size of 260 × 360 mm which matches the size of the stencil I ordered from jlcpcb. However, for the life of mine I can't figure out how to mount it into the printer frame because it is a few inches larger than the seam of the printer as you can see from the pic.

Am I missing something, do I need to cut the stencil? (that would be extremely silly). Maybe the machine specs were misrepresented? https://www.ebay.com/itm/254328198560

mairo:
What is larger, the stencil, or the stencil printer  frame? The stencil printer frame can be adjusted for various lengths, you can loosen it from the sides and adjust accordingly… once you done with that and straiten it , you will have the adjust the height of the mounted stencil with respect to the board so that is even on all sides, this task for me is the most time consuming with these kind of stencil printers.

newtekuser:
I'm an idiot for not measuring the stencil size which is 280 × 380 mm and thought to be standard size. This stencil printer accepts max 260 × 360 mm which explains why I can't use it with this stencil.
And per the screenshot jlcpcb doesn't list smaller sizes for selection, but can be customized.

tooki:
Something to bear in mind for future orders is that the shipping cost for small stencils is a LOT lower than for full sheets. So give yourself perhaps a 5cm margin on each side so that the stencil will fit in the same box as the PCBs.

newtekuser:
Great suggestion, thank you very much!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version