Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Stencil printers, what to buy?

<< < (8/9) > >>

MR:
Exactly if you go to a machinist they can do it cheaper for sure (I think I told you before).

But if you need the items quick they will be there and do the job for sure.
You could also get a mill for 2k and do everything yourself, and even the mills you can get for that price usually come from China.

Just check for a reflow oven which will work out of the box ... prices are insane. Alternatively the chinese are selling small reflow ovens cheaply and they need to be modified (eg. new sensors, new firmware, possibly some isolation).
Our semi-automatic stencil printer is getting more and more expensive every year. Back then we bought it for 2000 EUR, now that manufacturer is selling it for almost 7000 EUR (but it really works and that's ok, you'll dump it in your lab and just use it; In case something's wrong with the printing just re-adjust the pressure or angle of the squeegee).

The only really black sheep on the list is Mechatronika for us even though located in Europe actively lying and betraying customers (the spec of their machines is made up of air but not technical facts); I wonder how much longer they'll get away with that.

Styno:

--- Quote from: cgroen on May 14, 2020, 08:43:12 am ---I just took delivery of a SD-360U (from printtec.nl). Super fast service, extremely well packed and a very nice piece of equipment!
I know it is not exactly cheap, and you could probably build something yourself for a lot less. For me that's not an option. I don't have the time, the tools (and probably also not the skills) to do it. And, I'd rather spend my time designing electronics and software (I also don't repair my own cars ;) )

Anyway, the printer looks and feels very nice, its easy to mount the stencil/PCB and do the alignment.
(I have yet to use it for real, but it looks like that will be no problem at all)

--- End quote ---
You probably have used this printer by now, care to share your experience?

Edit: I’ve found a user manual for this printer here.

cgroen:

--- Quote from: Styno on November 15, 2021, 09:25:56 am ---
--- Quote from: cgroen on May 14, 2020, 08:43:12 am ---I just took delivery of a SD-360U (from printtec.nl). Super fast service, extremely well packed and a very nice piece of equipment!
I know it is not exactly cheap, and you could probably build something yourself for a lot less. For me that's not an option. I don't have the time, the tools (and probably also not the skills) to do it. And, I'd rather spend my time designing electronics and software (I also don't repair my own cars ;) )

Anyway, the printer looks and feels very nice, its easy to mount the stencil/PCB and do the alignment.
(I have yet to use it for real, but it looks like that will be no problem at all)

--- End quote ---
You probably have used this printer by now, care to share your experience?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have used, and I'm still very happy with it. Mechanically it works just fine, the only "downside" is that it is a bit heavy, that is however also positive as it is VERY sturdy and won't move around!

peter-h:
I bought this one
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Tools/StencilPrinters/SD-240-Stencil-Printer/
and it is excellent.

Not cheap, like all the chinese ones but all of them need a framed stencil.

Styno:

--- Quote from: peter-h on November 24, 2021, 08:55:21 pm ---I bought this one
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Tools/StencilPrinters/SD-240-Stencil-Printer/
and it is excellent.

Not cheap, like all the chinese ones but all of them need a framed stencil.

--- End quote ---
Good to hear that you like it. When using JLCPCB make sure to use the 'Customized size' option for the stencil, because even the smallest default option is too large for this printer and even its larger brother SD-300.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version