Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

Supplier for plastic injection molding in Asia

(1/2) > >>

D3f1ant:
Does anybody have any experience or a recommendation for a plastic injection molder in Asia? I've tried a few places locally but not that excited by 6-8 week lead times for tooling alone, then another 2 weeks to for production to start. Hoping an Asian supplier can crank it out a bit quicker, and probably for 1/4 of the price.

garboui:
I cant recommend any suppliers as you don't have enough detail about what you are going to mold. However, in my experience china can be quicker than that by often not by much as cot is the big benefit by going offshore (1/2 price tooling).

With those lead times you also have zero margin for error, weather its finish related, dimensional, or expectations of a new to you supplier. Having to rectify any of these issues with a molder will be devastating to the timelines that you have mentioned. Unless you fly to china it is also likely to take longer to resolve any of these issues.

If your deadline for production is hard and fast, you might want to look into getting some parts started as a buffer with a quick turn prototype service like protomould.

Koen:
Yes, tell us more.

D3f1ant:
Its a small plastic two part enclosure, around 50 x 20 x 10mm, it looks very simple (to me anyway) but has to be specific dimensions/shape so I can't use an off the shelf product. I can't post a image due to confidentiality. Thanks, It sounds like I may have to accept a long delay and keep it all Kiwi  :-+

bennyh:

--- Quote from: D3f1ant on June 06, 2017, 08:38:28 pm ---Does anybody have any experience or a recommendation for a plastic injection molder in Asia?

--- End quote ---

There are many kinds of  plastic injection molder at this China's company cnyanfeng[dot]com, the price is fair enough. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version