Author Topic: TVM802 camera not recognised in device manager  (Read 1003 times)

Offline webgiorgioTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
TVM802 camera not recognised in device manager
« on: July 07, 2020, 06:42:52 am »
Hi,
I am having so many problems with this pick and place machine.
The main board failed after a week from turning on. After some thousands whatsapp messages with QiHe they sent me a new mainboard.
The machine has two cameras (CMOS) connected to the main board, where a IC connect one or the other camera to the input of a USB dongle that does the video conversion to USB. Let's call it grabber.
The grabber can be found for about 10 USD in many places like aliexpress under the name of EasyCAP or Syntek STK1160 grabber.
At a certain point in time, my computer does not recognize the grabber any more. It is detected as USB device, but it complains about the driver. Device manager says
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The request is not supported.

Reinstalling the driver (o other versions) did not solve the problem.
On other computers and different OSs (XP, win7, win10) shows the same error.

I suspect that the grabber hardware is faulty. What do you think?

I bought a new grabber, and it is recognized by the computer immediately.
However the program of the Pnp machine does not have the option to select a video source, and ignores the new grabber.  :palm:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 07:09:53 am by webgiorgio »

Online SMTech

• Frequent Contributor
Re: TVM802 camera not recognised in device manager
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 07:27:05 am »
I think you might want to compare the USB hardware identifiers (VID & PID) on the "grabber" capture card and make sure your replacement has matching ones.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 03:36:56 pm »
They are different.
I can't stand the fact that they hard coded the Video->USB device in their program, rather than letting the user choose the video input device.

Online SMTech

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 04:05:15 pm »
Stop thinking of it as a computer, its a piece of equipment of which they want control. Adding support for other systems increases variables for fixes and troubleshooting.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 08:33:13 pm »
TVM802 is a machine made without any consideration to the maintenance.
1) All the electronic is under the heavy aluminium plate, which is very difficult to lift and access because of all the cables going between the two parts. What do you troubleshoot if you can't make electrical measurements while the machine is On?
2) It would be easier to troubleshoot if there was the option to choose the video input device. What do you troubleshoot if you can't make tests?
3) If the device for the video acquisition breaks down after the warranty period and the manufacture does not have it, we have a useless machine and software. For a part that cost 10 USD. It would be more maintenable if there was the possibility to use any Video->USB dongle.

By the way, the last driver version for the official video->USB is 2004. State of the art  :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf