Author Topic: WellPCB giving out personal details  (Read 1234 times)

Offline DaveWTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • WattCircuit
WellPCB giving out personal details
« on: July 15, 2022, 08:19:18 am »
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else had this? Placed an order with WellPCB, and they shipped me another company's order. They then gave the other company all my contact details including mobile number, and have now bombarded me with messages asking me to take photos of the boards and ship them to the correct customer. Have never had anything quite like that before and wondering if I've just been very unlucky!

Dave

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
Re: WellPCB giving out personal details
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 08:44:52 am »
I have never had that situation with PCB's.  I have received wrong orders rarely.  The resolution was either to just keep/discard or return with a prepaid shipping label.  Errors happen, so I usually take the item to the shipper rather than insist the shipper pick up.  IMHO, it is improper for the intended customer to be contacting you directly.  I suspect WellPCB is in China and is trying to save shipping costs.  That does not excuse what it did.   

Have you got your boards yet?  Before I did anything, I would insist on getting my order.  Is the intended recipient in UK or foreign?

The simplest thing is to return the order to WellPCB at its cost.  However, given the high cost of that shipping, I would be willing to ship directly to the intended customer at WellPCB's cost.  I would expect well to give a significant discount up to 100% on my order, but probably not demand that. 

If WellPCB is not agreeable, then I would be less agreeable too.  I don't believe you own the boards, and if WellPCB arranges pickup and shipping, then you need to allow that at minimum inconvenience to yourself.  Otherwise, inform WellPCB there will be a storage cost past 30 days and eventual destruction of the boards. 

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 11:49:45 am »
You can just ask WellPCB for their carrier's account number and do a 3rd party shipment to the intended customer. Simple as that and definitely the courier will come and pick up as they have an account. But the invoice might need to change as now you are the shipper but nothing to difficult to do.

Offline DaveWTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • WattCircuit
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 12:30:40 pm »
You can just ask WellPCB for their carrier's account number and do a 3rd party shipment to the intended customer. Simple as that and definitely the courier will come and pick up as they have an account. But the invoice might need to change as now you are the shipper but nothing to difficult to do.

Yeah, they haven't done that, just a barrage of Whatsapp messages, demanding we take photos of the boards, saying they need to be delivered urgently and reminding us that the designs are confidential! Our order hasn't arrived yet, but I'm happy to take that as a write off and just glad we haven't given them any sensitive orders. Lots of other people to order from

Online AndyC_772

• Super Contributor
  • Professional design engineer
    • Cawte Engineering | Reliable Electronics
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 12:38:27 pm »
Geez, they're in no position to "demand" anything. Mistakes happen, but it's hard to think of a less professional way they could have handled this.

It's also hard to see how taking photos of the boards can be in your best interest, or how it's compatible with the fact that the boards are, indeed, confidential.

If I were you, I'd tell both WellPCB and the boards' real owner that they're available for collection by courier during office hours, and leave it at that.

If the other company wants to just pay for a courier to come and pick them up, that's their choice and they should be perfectly entitled to do that if they wish. If I were them, that's exactly what I'd do, and send WellPCB the bill. Or WellPCB can accept their mistake and pay a courier to pick up from you and deliver to the correct address.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 01:07:10 pm »
It doesn't sound like WellPCB is being very agreeable.  Pushing inconveniences on you, particularly since you have probably been charged for but not yet received your boards poisons the water a little.

Give WellPCB 30 days to solve the problem they created with notice that they will be discarded in ordinary trash after that. 

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2022, 01:41:42 pm »
thats mad annoying and unprofessional

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf