Author Topic: Win-source?  (Read 21481 times)

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: Win-source?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2022, 08:15:50 pm »
Tried to order few pieces of LTC3547, 1,000+ in stock, order goes through. Out of stock.
OK, now they've updated the page to show 0 stock now. Reasonable.

Try again ordering an alternate:
We are sorry to inform you that the price of the LTC3547 parts you ordered has to be adjusted due to market fluctuations, please kindly confirm the following updated details.

Part Number               Order Pirce     Updated Price   
LTC3547                     $3.979          $6.03                               

50% increase. Tell them to update the price on the site. They've now updated the website price, but to $9 not $6  ???

Asked another grey market supplier who initially said $12/ea, then offered to beat the price at $5/ea once I sent them the win-source info.
Seems like its all just a game to haggle on the price, as they know demand is really low right now (for this IC at least, some are still in demand I'm sure).

Before buying anything on win-source, email for the quote first (their recommendation), don't trust the website number.
And try asking another supplier if they can get within ~30% of that posted price and consider using them.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Mangozac

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2022, 11:33:06 pm »
Before buying anything on win-source, email for the quote first (their recommendation), don't trust the website number.
Better still, don't even waste your time with the scalpers at Win-Source. Go straight to another broker who won't play those stupid games: they're all pulling from the same pool of grey market parts.

I can also recommend Keming Electronics: we've used them for several parts this year and the pricing is usually good. Sometimes the pricing is crazy but they know that and apologise.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline sam512bb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2023, 07:13:31 pm »
Good day All,

This is an old thread, but I thought I would give you all the heads up that the FTDI parts I bought from win-source.net were counterfeit.  Thankfully I did not buy too many.  The win-source FTDI parts looked legitimate and worked almost like factory FTDI parts, except for generating serial "break" conditions... basically the win-source FTDI branded parts would not generate a "break" no matter what.

So... be aware and if anything, perhaps buy a few parts in advance to verify authenticity.

Cheers.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Howardlong

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf