Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info

<< < (29/70) > >>

PartialDischarge:
What is the accessory this machine is picking from at 1:27?

lutkeveld:
Vibration feeder. Used for chips that are delivered in tubes. It picks one up, then due to the vibration, a new one will slide into the empty slot again.

48X24X48X:

--- Quote from: MasterTech on October 03, 2021, 11:23:39 am ---What is the accessory this machine is picking from at 1:27?

--- End quote ---
You have never used a vibration feeder before? As cheap as $100 for 3 lane version.

PartialDischarge:

--- Quote from: 48X24X48X on October 03, 2021, 03:00:27 pm ---You have never used a vibration feeder before? As cheap as $100 for 3 lane version.

--- End quote ---
No, the chips I have in tubes are placed manually. I prefer to have the slots available for 8 and 12mm feeders. Maybe when/if I have the 80 feeders version.

48X24X48X:

--- Quote from: MasterTech on October 03, 2021, 04:00:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: 48X24X48X on October 03, 2021, 03:00:27 pm ---You have never used a vibration feeder before? As cheap as $100 for 3 lane version.

--- End quote ---
No, the chips I have in tubes are placed manually. I prefer to have the slots available for 8 and 12mm feeders. Maybe when/if I have the 80 feeders version.

--- End quote ---
Okay, that's a valid reason but it's a nice to have option especially during this part shortage time, I take whatever packaging that is available. For example, I got my memory from Winbond directly and it comes in tubes, cut tape (it's mad they pre-cut them into 10s), tray and full reel. I had no choice but to get the tube form as the rest doesn't make sense (full reel is too much for me, tray eat up my tray area for other IC). I used the vibration tubes for SOIC and connectors (when there's no tape tooling readily available) mostly but sometimes I even used it for smaller IC like MSOP and TSSOP when supply in tapes comes in hard. I purchase various sizes of 2nd hand tubes off Taobao for these purposes and they are cheap. Vibration feeder also makes sense if the CL feeder drain depth is too little compared to the component height.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version