Author Topic: HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info  (Read 75098 times)

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
Re: YX SMT660 SMT880 P&P machines
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2021, 03:02:27 am »
Will probably sell off all my pneumatic 8mm feeders too in the near future.

Let me know I will probably be interested in 10 or 20...
What SW version do you have?
Will put it up at the buy/sell forum when the time comes.

I'm on 20210226_8.0.0_R2_R. I'm sure there's a slightly newer one than this, fixing small untranslated section.

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
Yes, I have 20210310_8.0.0_R3_r

Offline JacksterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
HWGC sales have spent the whole morning trying to get me to buy their machine  ::)

$2650 for a 6 zone conveyor reflow oven a good deal?

They have sent the software manual so I have uploaded it to the Google Drive in the HW-T8-80F folder.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V7BzhfgAOhGsFFIn-jTZzGSy_frviEoD?usp=sharing

I'll save you the time of checking, but it is the same manual that YX sent me.
Apparently, their software is "better than YX" but everything is starting to look the same  :-DD

So far the pricing between the two is around the same. They both offer me 40x 8mm feeders included in the price.
But YX offers free door to door shipping while HWGC only does port to port. Total deal-breaker when they come out within a few hundred $$ of each other.
Not only is a port collection a hassle with customs, but there are other fees and physically having to go get it in a hire van (if it will all fit in a transit) is another £150 plus a day of my time...

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
YX was not very clear and actually charge $1800 for door to door service.
I did ask for door to door twice during the original quote as well.

Both YX and HWGC are around the $2000 for this.

Anyone in the UK collected at port before? As temping as it sounds to go rent a Luton, idk the process.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
Why don't you use a freight forwarder? Here in Germany I paid around 350 Euros for my 200kg reflow oven and thery took care of customs and import tax.
You will find similar service in the UK.

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
Why don't you use a freight forwarder? Here in Germany I paid around 350 Euros for my 200kg reflow oven and thery took care of customs and import tax.
You will find similar service in the UK.

I think I tried contacting a few in Jan/Feb but none of them wanted one off workaround then due to all the Brexit and coronavirus stuff.

Will try again now.

[edit]
Looking into it, does not look that hard. Though one has to watch out for a few things.
These guys have some decent info on importing and port costs.
http://customsclearances.com/downloads.html

Offline JMG

• Contributor
I'll be picking my machine up from the port of Chicago -- eventually. It had an ETA of 5/28, then 6/5, now it could be 2 to 4 weeks longer due to all the current shipping issues. My port fees are $455, plus import taxes and what ever else decides to be thrown in. I think now I'm at around $10K for a 550 with an extra 15 feeders. I just need it to get here, I'm falling behind on orders and that is never a good thing.

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
I would suggest contact a local company to do this because the most important part is the custom clearance process. And usually that local company would probably even have a branch in China due to the high volume of importing. Then I asked Beijing Glichn to send the machine to the port requested by the freight forwarder together with paper works for custom clearance. From there onward, it's the responsibility of the freight forwarder. Do opt for insurance coverage although I skimped on this.  >:D I'm lucky because there's 0% tax on pick and place machine here in Malaysia.

Offline JMG

• Contributor
I do have a freight forwarder doing all the required stuff to import it correctly. They do the paperwork, pay everything, insure it etc, I pay them and pick it up from the port.

So what is the rate of parts bounce for 0603 parts with pneumatic feeders? I specifically bought this thing to place about 20,000 0603 caps and resistors and about 200 large LQFP's a week. Can the electric power distribution be retro fitted to allow electric feeders to be used. Eh, I'll just ask Jim and report the answer back here.

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
I do have a freight forwarder doing all the required stuff to import it correctly. They do the paperwork, pay everything, insure it etc, I pay them and pick it up from the port.

So what is the rate of parts bounce for 0603 parts with pneumatic feeders? I specifically bought this thing to place about 20,000 0603 caps and resistors and about 200 large LQFP's a week. Can the electric power distribution be retro fitted to allow electric feeders to be used. Eh, I'll just ask Jim and report the answer back here.

Looks like they will just provide you will a couple PSU units and the sockets for the feeders on some long wires if you buy the option after it has been shipped.
You should be able to drill all the holes for the sockets and fit them or just leave them on the floor and hook up as needed.

I have contacted a freight forwarder and they have said I am looking at around $700 for port fees or maybe more if the cargo line is a bit scammy.
To then get the pallet to me from the port, around $425.
Total of at least $1125.

Still shy of the $2000 quoted for door to door until you add on VAT and Duty which is 20% total here.
That is another $400 thus $2400 total. Over twice the price. worth the hassle me thinks  ::)

Offline JMG

• Contributor
My Stateside fees are going to be $3277.19 plus driving to Chicago, renting a room and an enclosed trailer. I'm going to be at $13.5K all in when it finally lands on my doorstep.

Jim is interested in selling me electric feeders and doesn't understand that I'm asking for the power supply and connectors to power those feeders even though I asked specifically for those parts.

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
My Stateside fees are going to be $3277.19 plus driving to Chicago, renting a room and an enclosed trailer. I'm going to be at $13.5K all in when it finally lands on my doorstep.

Jim is interested in selling me electric feeders and doesn't understand that I'm asking for the power supply and connectors to power those feeders even though I asked specifically for those parts.
Show him the photos by circling the power ports under the feeder banks.

Offline Styno

• Regular Contributor
  • TÜV-geprüft
TS, I’m looking at the first table and it appears the dimensions of the more capable machine (880) are smaller than the middle one (660). Is that correct?

And this is a working video of the HW-T8-80F (for your collection in Google drive):
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 06:59:56 pm by Styno »

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
TS, I’m looking at the first table and it appears the dimensions of the more capable machine (880) are smaller than the middle one (660). Is that correct?

And this is a working video of the HW-T8-80F (for your collection in Google drive):

From the Alibaba listings, 60 feeder is 1450*1370*1550mm and the 80 feeder is 1420*1370*1350mm
Not sure why. The listing photos look nearly the same but the case is slightly different.

To me, the 80 feeder is at least 20-30cm wider and maybe not as tall? So hard to tell with white background and nothing to reference.
The spacing of the USB ports on the right leg and the width of the feeder area is the giveaway that the 80 is wider for sure.

Both sellers state the same measurements.

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
Here's a HW-T8SG-80F on the left and HW-T6SG-64F on the right. This was at HWGC's mini factory/showroom in Shenzhen. There was also an older SMT460 (I can't remember it's HWGC part number) in the same room. This is slightly older iteration but I doubt it changes too much.

The following users thanked this post: Jackster

Offline laseralex

• Contributor

Ouch!  What are all the fees?  Is that mostly import duty, or are there other things driving it up?

I'm trying to decide between a 4-head and a 6-head machine, and which vendor to buy from.  I want to be sure I'm prepared for all the associated expenses.

Offline Smallsmt

• Frequent Contributor
Ouch!  What are all the fees?  Is that mostly import duty, or are there other things driving it up?

Looks like 30% import tarrif USA is charging if machine bought from China.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
Does anyone have a sugguestion for a vacuum pump for SMT550? 0.6 - 0.7 MPa is high pressure as I understand.

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
Does anyone have a sugguestion for a vacuum pump for SMT550? 0.6 - 0.7 MPa is high pressure as I understand.
Usually most pump comes with 0.8 MPa. More is okay but not less because some losses happen at the filter. More important is the capacity which is recommended to be 60 liter or more, mine is 50 liter. Air flow per minute was recommended by HWGC as 120 liter/minute, mine is 180 liter/minute. Don't forget a good air filter.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
But 0.6 MPa is high pressure and no vacuum. What am I missing? Do I get the vacuum at the inlet of the pump?

Offline Styno

• Regular Contributor
  • TÜV-geprüft
Vacuum can be created by a vacuum pump or -and this is commonly used- a Venturi vacuum 'generator' that uses air pressure through a Venturi valve.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
Vacuum can be created by a vacuum pump or -and this is commonly used- a Venturi vacuum 'generator' that uses air pressure through a Venturi valve.

Thank you. I understand this principle.

And I guess this valve is built into this machine?

Online 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream

Thank you. I understand this principle.

And I guess this valve is built into this machine?
Yes, you only need to get an air compressor like this. Don't bother about the link specification, I simply picked one.

Offline JanL

• Contributor

Yes, you only need to get an air compressor like this. Don't bother about the link specification, I simply picked one.
[/quote]
Thanks! This helped a lot.

Offline JMG

• Contributor
27.5% import tax on the machine, 25% import tax on the feeders and the 110V conversion, plus various port and forwarder fees.
Just been informed its on the rail network between LA and Chicago, it cant be tracked, and it is currently at least one more week behind schedule.

The following users thanked this post: laseralex

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf