Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info

<< < (56/60) > >>

pastaclub:
Hi there, let’s talk feeders. Some people have expressed their preference for electric over pneumatic feeders. But what exactly are the advantages?

I recall reading that they have smoother movement and adjustable component distance (one or two holes). What else? Is it mostly critical for light small components? For 0603 resistors or LEDs, why should I prefer electric feeders? And is there any disadvantage when mixing pneumatic and electric?

48X24X48X:

--- Quote from: pastaclub on May 08, 2022, 06:53:05 am ---Hi there, let’s talk feeders. Some people have expressed their preference for electric over pneumatic feeders. But what exactly are the advantages?

I recall reading that they have smoother movement and adjustable component distance (one or two holes). What else? Is it mostly critical for light small components? For 0603 resistors or LEDs, why should I prefer electric feeders? And is there any disadvantage when mixing pneumatic and electric?

--- End quote ---
Pros:
- smoother tape advancing mechanism helps light components on plastic tape from jumping or flipping out.
- can be used for both 2 mm and 4 mm pocket distance components (0201,0402 vs 0603,0805,etc) which allows you to keep 1 type of 8 mm feeder instead of 2 types.
- doesn't depend very much on the quality of the air supply. The air is used as a signal to advance the tape only.
- less component loss due to cover tape removal (eg: 3 vs 6 for 0603 resistor).
- can be used for small 0201 components due to better precision.
- way much less noise due to no pneumatic actuation.

Cons:
- expensive (3x the price of pneumatic ones for 8 mm version, even more for wider tape version).
- not much gap when sit between pneumatic feeders, best installing feeder from left to right or right to left. Best if all are electrical feeders but it's not a deal breaker.
- probably harder to service if goes kaput.

Styno:

--- Quote from: 48X24X48X on May 08, 2022, 08:55:32 am ---[...]

--- End quote ---
I assume this post is valid for the Yamaha feeders on the pre-2021 models, i.e. HW-T8-80-F/SMT880. I like to know how this translates to the newer machines with Fuji NXT feeders. I assume the advantages are the same (smoother, variable step settings, quieter). But how about: Are the NXT feeders also pneumatically activated? Are those 'smart' feeders, i.e. does the feeder know which part is loaded, how many have been placed and communicates this with the PnP machine?

I searched to get some more info on the NXT feeders and found that there are three generations that seem to be interchangeable but could not find much more..

48X24X48X:

--- Quote from: Styno on May 09, 2022, 08:08:42 pm ---
--- Quote from: 48X24X48X on May 08, 2022, 08:55:32 am ---[...]

--- End quote ---
I assume this post is valid for the Yamaha feeders on the pre-2021 models, i.e. HW-T8-80-F/SMT880. I like to know how this translates to the newer machines with Fuji NXT feeders. I assume the advantages are the same (smoother, variable step settings, quieter). But how about: Are the NXT feeders also pneumatically activated? Are those 'smart' feeders, i.e. does the feeder know which part is loaded, how many have been placed and communicates this with the PnP machine?

I searched to get some more info on the NXT feeders and found that there are three generations that seem to be interchangeable but could not find much more..

--- End quote ---
They are purely electrical and actuated by electric signals. But, I'm not sure if there's a communication on that or purely a trigger signal. There's no pneumatic holes on the feeder slot. Other than that, it requires a reels rack to hold the component reels. I think these are preferred as it is easier to splice tape on the fly. And lastly, they are more expensive than the Yamaha electrical feeder.

vstrulev:
Good evening everyone! Very proud of ourselves: my son and me. We've built a feeder cabinet, kind of. It may hold 44 cl8 and 11 cl24/32 feeders. Three racks and on wheels. Pictures are attached. I consider this as one of the most important pieces of assembly shop. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll list all the needed supplies and parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version