Electronics > Manufacturing & Assembly

HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info

<< < (59/61) > >>

Jackster:

--- Quote from: Starman760 on June 24, 2022, 11:34:40 pm ---Hi.  First post here.  This thread is great!  Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge.

Does anyone have some general tips for setting up the high-def camera.  I have a tqfp64 chip that I can't get to place properly.  It always gets shifted or rotated slightly.  The best placement comes when I don't use the camera at all.  But it is still off a bit and I need to nudge it which sometimes leads to solder bridges.

--- End quote ---

Have you calibrated the nozzles with the high camera?
I found the LEDs too bright on the high cam also, I turn them right down for better performance.
It has quite a lot of depth of focus unlike the fast cams so the nozzle assembly can show up as part of the component when the LEDs are above 20%

48X24X48X:

--- Quote from: Starman760 on June 24, 2022, 11:34:40 pm ---Hi.  First post here.  This thread is great!  Thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge.

Does anyone have some general tips for setting up the high-def camera.  I have a tqfp64 chip that I can't get to place properly.  It always gets shifted or rotated slightly.  The best placement comes when I don't use the camera at all.  But it is still off a bit and I need to nudge it which sometimes leads to solder bridges.

--- End quote ---
Make sure your radius is adequate. Adjust the threshold value to a value where when you open up the vision test window to observe at the x & y & angle dimension measured, these values are updated every second of so, ensure the deviation of the dimension value to value should be very tiny. Use the threshold and adjust until the value deviation is the least, doesn't jump around with high deviation and closest to your physical dimension. If, it's a 10x10 mm TQFP, make sure it's close to that. On top of that, make sure the IC height is correctly entered.

Starman760:
Thank you for the replies!

Yes, I have gone through the entire calibration procedure with the plastic nozzles with the tips painted silver.

I think my biggest problem is my lack of understanding of radius and threshold and how to check if they are correct.  I see how to adjust them but I don't know how to check the deviations you spoke of.  My chip is indeed a 10mm tqfp.  Can you suggest a starting radius and threshold?

Starman760:
These are the parameters for my High cam when I start up the machine:

LED level: 170 (still seems bright to my eyes)
Scan R: 300
Threshold:  0 (must be incorrect)
Capture Delay: 100

48X24X48X:
Check your threshold. Impossible it could work with 0. Adjust until the vision system's rectangular green box encapsulate your IC dimension exactly.

The radius is a circle of area where to vision system would work on. Just make sure it cover more than your IC with some allowance if it were to picked slightly off-center.

Just pick the part to the camera and click on the vision test, then click on the camera image, a window should pop out with a run-time showing all the parameters like dimension and angle offset. Check out my video part 2, there should be some example to do this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version