Author Topic: HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info  (Read 76891 times)

Offline JMG

• Contributor
Re: HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2021, 02:09:04 pm »
Hi folks, quick update. Machine has been running ok for the most part. It seems to loose accuracy from board to board on some parts but is generally ok. However, over night last night, the hard drive died. Hoping Jim can get me back on line quickly. I knew I should have copied the drive on day one!  :palm:

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2021, 02:11:43 pm »
Hi folks, quick update. Machine has been running ok for the most part. It seems to loose accuracy from board to board on some parts but is generally ok. However, over night last night, the hard drive died. Hoping Jim can get me back on line quickly. I knew I should have copied the drive on day one!  :palm:
Thank you for reminding us.  ;D
I believe the monitor is 2nd hand IBM/Lenovo (due to the 4:3 aspect ratio no longer available on market) and it's possible the HDD too.

Offline JMG

• Contributor
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2021, 02:17:59 pm »
Yep, second hand Lenovo, but the actual computer looks new and up to date. Quite impressed actually. The HD was a 100gb unit, no name that I recognize.
That drive copying was always on my to do list but I constantly put it off because there was always production to be ran and customers calling for product early. Machine was running 6 - 7 days a week for several months.

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2021, 04:14:47 pm »
Never opened the PC panel, so I just did. So what would be the best choice for a backup? I'm tempted to take the HDD to a linux machine and do a direct dump to another, but maybe the easiest is to install another in this machine and use a Windows software to make the clone. Ideas?

Edit, my drive is 120Gb...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 04:30:24 pm by MasterTech »

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2021, 01:17:42 am »
I think I would just copy the SMT program files folder and your project files for now. Probably would need their help in terms of drivers if getting a new HDD later.
In the HWGC software, there's also a unique key specific to your machine, keep that too. But, easiest way would be duplicating the HDD content but need to do some research on that for a correct way to do it, I'm on Linux too.

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2021, 01:26:32 am »
Dd is the easiest way to clone a disk
https://linuxhint.com/clone-disk-using-dd-linux/

Also possible to create image file from a disk to restore later:
https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/unix-linux-dd-create-make-disk-image-commands/

« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 06:46:26 am by MasterTech »

Offline JMG

• Contributor
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2021, 05:32:36 am »
Clonezilla or Macrium and just clone the drive.

Offline JMG

• Contributor
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2021, 05:41:00 am »
Thinking - if someone could clone their drive and we have a copy available within the community, that would be a nice safety blanket.
At least everyone should copy and back up their license key and parameter files, just in case. I was lucky enough to have the drive live for long enough to copy those.

Offline JacksterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2021, 01:48:09 pm »
IF PEOPLE COULD STOP PRIVATE MESSAGING ME ASKING FOR ME TO ILLEGALLY GIVE THEM A COPY OF THIS SOFTWARE, SO THEY CAN ADMITTEDLY DISSASSEMBLE IT AND CREATE A VERSION OF THEIR OWN, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. THANKS!

Thinking - if someone could clone their drive and we have a copy available within the community, that would be a nice safety blanket.
At least everyone should copy and back up their license key and parameter files, just in case. I was lucky enough to have the drive live for long enough to copy those.

If only there was a copy of the software flying around without hardware locks on it....

Offline JMG

• Contributor
« Reply #159 on: October 21, 2021, 04:00:57 pm »
With the hardware locks, an image within the community would still need to go through Jim to be able to be used. If you cant provide him (her?) with a device code, he aint gonna provide you with a registration key.

Offline JMG

• Contributor
« Reply #160 on: October 28, 2021, 08:00:04 pm »
Quick update: Still not running.

It took FOREVER to get Win7 64 to accept cd/dvd/usb drivers to actually install. Now, I am having issues with the main SMT placement program, it fails with a cant find moon_boxes.dll which is installed and located exactly where it should be. I also cant load pcie drivers because there is a signing error. I cant update the .net framework because it reports that the root certificate is bad yet I pulled this right off the MS website, and finally I cant get the fast cam driver from their link because apparently whatever they've created in the file is in violation of Google Drives terms of service and its inaccessible.

As for Jim, well, after saying they can no longer help and I should find someone in my own country, has stopped answering emails. I have begged for a clone image of a working drive and have offered to pay. Crickets.

Also to note, they seem to use an unregistered copy of windows and seem to have some work around that stops it asking for you to register it. Knowing this makes me a lot less resistant to someone copying and hacking their software.

At this point, I own a $13000, 5 month old, 450lb brick that is costing me money in lost production every single day. F 'em. Copy their damn software.

Offline MR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #161 on: October 28, 2021, 11:18:54 pm »
Start Windows with signature disabled for testing? Turn on PC press F8 -> allow unsigned drivers to load

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2021, 12:29:57 am »

It took FOREVER to get Win7 64 to accept cd/dvd/usb drivers to actually install. Now, I am having issues with the main SMT placement program, it fails with a cant find moon_boxes.dll which is installed and located exactly where it should be. I also cant load pcie drivers because there is a signing error. I cant update the .net framework because it reports that the root certificate is bad yet I pulled this right off the MS website, and finally I cant get the fast cam driver from their link because apparently whatever they've created in the file is in violation of Google Drives terms of service and its inaccessible.

As for Jim, well, after saying they can no longer help and I should find someone in my own country, has stopped answering emails. I have begged for a clone image of a working drive and have offered to pay. Crickets.

Also to note, they seem to use an unregistered copy of windows and seem to have some work around that stops it asking for you to register it. Knowing this makes me a lot less resistant to someone copying and hacking their software.

At this point, I own a $13000, 5 month old, 450lb brick that is costing me money in lost production every single day. F 'em. Copy their damn software.
Hang on friend, managed to get my contacts in HWGC to help. Drop me a PM.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 12:37:04 am by 48X24X48X »

Offline JMG

• Contributor
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2021, 02:25:18 am »
Start Windows with signature disabled for testing? Turn on PC press F8 -> allow unsigned drivers to load

Did both that and the permanent disable via gpedit. Made zero difference.

Offline JMG

• Contributor
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2021, 02:25:55 am »

Incoming PM.

Offline koniu12

« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2021, 08:14:24 am »
Hello,

I have got the 8.8.0 software version. But after re-install and import the parameter (calibration files backup), the language changes to chinese and there is no way to change it to english...???
Any idea ?

Best Regards
Adam
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 09:54:39 am by koniu12 »

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2021, 01:05:44 pm »
Hello,

I have got the 8.8.0 software version. But after re-install and import the parameter (calibration files backup), the language changes to chinese and there is no way to change it to english...???
Any idea ?

Best Regards
Adam

You could opt take out your phone and use the instant Google translation through the camera. But, if you haven't:

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2021, 02:34:17 pm »
Hello,

Any idea ?

Best Regards
Adam

You could opt take out your phone and use the instant Google translation through the camera. But, if you haven't:

In this version 8 were there improvements or was it to fix bugs?

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2021, 02:36:22 pm »

Incoming PM.

Hi, could you let me know if you managed to get the machine running again?

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #169 on: November 07, 2021, 07:38:29 pm »
Hello,

Any idea ?

Best Regards
Adam

Did you see that the HWGC people are using their great youtube post to help us out?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 07:41:20 pm by alexaraujo »

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2021, 12:36:37 am »
Hello,

Any idea ?

Best Regards
Adam

Did you see that the HWGC people are using their great youtube post to help us out?

Friend, I'm not affiliated to HWGC. Just helping out everyone whenever I can.
Currently editing the part 2 of the video.

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2021, 01:06:15 am »
Hello,

Any idea ?

Best Regards
Adam

Friend, I'm not affiliated to HWGC. Just helping out everyone whenever I can.
Currently editing the part 2 of the video.

You've been doing a really good job with your videos and helping us learn the machine's workflow.

I hope HWGC asked for your authorization, that would be correct of them, last month I contacted HWGC and asked for authorization to use one of their videos to carry out internal marketing on the acquisition of new machines to increase our productivity, I quickly got authorization;

I didn't forget your tickets, when you come to Brazil call me.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 01:08:41 am by alexaraujo »

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2021, 09:27:22 am »
Hello,

Any idea ?

Best Regards
Adam

I didn't notice he blatantly re-uploaded my video until I re-read your comment and added his stamp mark all over it. Never even ask any permission. Requested YT to remove it. There's too many of them claiming to be HWGC. Thank you for informing.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2021, 09:46:46 am »
Today's shopping haul:
- 3x 8 mm electrical feeder (comes with converter cable if your machine uses 2 pin connection, works without conversion on HWGC machine)
- 1x 44 mm pneumatic feeder. Needed 2 but couldn't afford 2, ended up with 1.
- 1x splicing tool (those you seen used on DigiReel/MouserReel). Wanted this for so long but I considered them expensive as I sparingly splice tapes but now I can save $7 on each re-reel bought from Digikey, Microchip Direct and LCSC ($3).
- 1x box of splicing connector (4000K inside!, will never finish in my life). Already using the adhesive type but it's not reliable on plastic tapes.

Total damage is close to $1000 excluding the shipping which I used my own FedEx account.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 09:51:22 am by 48X24X48X »

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2021, 10:38:48 pm »
Hello,

Any idea ?

Best Regards
Adam

I didn't notice he blatantly re-uploaded my video until I re-read your comment and added his stamp mark all over it. Never even ask any permission. Requested YT to remove it. There's too many of them claiming to be HWGC. Thank you for informing.

Another video with quality and well explained, many here will be grateful for your help. Thank you again.

The following users thanked this post: 48X24X48X, TJ232, PartialDischarge

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf