Author Topic: HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info  (Read 75089 times)

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
Re: HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2021, 11:12:32 pm »
Last Saturday our machine arrived from the port of Santos, I was only able to put it in the correct room today.
I had to remove two doors and break the curb, but finally everything is in place. Tomorrow is to finish the electrical part and put the room doors back in again.

Offline JacksterTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2021, 11:17:38 pm »
Last Saturday our machine arrived from the port of Santos, I was only able to put it in the correct room today.
I had to remove two doors and break the curb, but finally everything is in place. Tomorrow is to finish the electrical part and put the room doors back in again.
Is that their 2m with rail 8 stage oven?

Do share more photos!

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2021, 11:24:54 pm »

Congratulations! 😍

I think you mounted the keyboard and mouse holder upside down. 🤭 Must be too excited.

Have fun and treat him well, he will make tonnes of boards for you.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2021, 07:44:11 am »
Unlike the pneumatic counterpart, it doesn't have a shutter that close and open. Instead the components are covered by a stagnant metal piece and only moves to the exposed area when advanced for picking. I can take a photo tomorrow if you need a clear image of that.

The lid seems more reliable. Does the smoothness of the move make the lid obsolete?

Yes, please post pictures if possible.

The lid is just a stagnant cover that presses the tape down. I think one of the reason for components in pneumatic version to jump is the shutter movement itself.
So, without this unnecessary movement, the electric version has no vibration when tape is advanced.

Offline SMTech

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2021, 08:16:42 am »
it would be slightly more fiddly but have you tried threading the cover tape through the same aperture the components are exposed in, that way you'd only uncover the one part you were about to pick instead of 3?

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2021, 08:55:58 am »
it would be slightly more fiddly but have you tried threading the cover tape through the same aperture the components are exposed in, that way you'd only uncover the one part you were about to pick instead of 3?
Looks possible, I never thought of it. But, the metal edges looks sharp unlike the one intended which is rounded to avoid cutting the cover tape.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2021, 09:22:34 am »
About the bouncing components: have a look at this tutorial to calibrate the pneumatic feeder and reduce bouncing:

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2021, 02:04:07 pm »
I'm really excited. My anxiety part keeps telling me to turn on the machine right away, the other part of my methodical part is checking everything, and everything else.

Today I did a free translation of the machine maintenance chapter into Portuguese. But I found it very incomplete. So our friends from this more experienced forum can contribute with preventive maintenance tips for PnP machine I will be grateful.

Later today I will take more pictures of the equipment.

About the oven: I chose one of six zones with 2600mm.

Below are parts of the maintenance manual

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2021, 02:33:20 pm »
I'm really excited. My anxiety part keeps telling me to turn on the machine right away, the other part of my methodical part is checking everything, and everything else.

Today I did a free translation of the machine maintenance chapter into Portuguese. But I found it very incomplete. So our friends from this more experienced forum can contribute with preventive maintenance tips for PnP machine I will be grateful.

I would be happy to create an online wiki so everyone can collaborate on this sort of thing if others are interested?
Need to set up a wiki for one of my products so will give me an excuse to work out the best way to do it.

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2021, 04:16:47 pm »
The lid is just a stagnant cover that presses the tape down.

Great pictures. Looks like much simpler design than the pneumatic one. Must be cheaper to manufacture too. I guess the prices are so high because these things are new. Eventually the prices should come down to the level of pneumatic feeders.

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2021, 11:26:06 pm »

I would be happy to create an online wiki so everyone can collaborate on this sort of thing if others are interested?
Need to set up a wiki for one of my products so will give me an excuse to work out the best way to do it.

For me is perfect.I help on the wiki

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2021, 11:41:30 pm »
Below is a photo of the oven more closely and the first manufacturing project.

Thank you very much for our friend's videos
48X24X48X, the videos posted are helping me a lot. Tomorrow I must run the first print run of plates.

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2021, 11:51:58 pm »

Started working on it here, https://hwgc.jogara.co.uk/ (temp domain)

my topic suggestion for wiki

1) Prerequisites
2) Installation
3) First Steps
4) Configuration of PCB files
5) Setting up PCB panel.
6) Feeder configuration.
7) Production setup.
8) Setting up footprint
9) Calibration
10) Fault handling.
11) Cautions when updating
12) Corrective and preventive maintenance.

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2021, 01:50:58 am »

1) Prerequisites
2) Installation
3) First Steps
5) Setting up PCB panel.
6) Feeder configuration.
7) Production setup.
8) Setting up footprint
9) Calibration
10) Fault handling.

I have started to fill out what I can though I don't have access to the machine so what I can do is limited.
https://hwgc.jogara.co.uk/en/software

Feel free to register and ping me a DM with your username. I will enable your account to add content.
Let me know what language to enable. Currently, there is English and Portuguese (Brazil).

To not fill this thread with loads of wiki talk, I have set up a Discord, https://discord.gg/xN8HmN9Tea

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2021, 04:14:58 pm »

1) Prerequisites
2) Installation
3) First Steps
5) Setting up PCB panel.
6) Feeder configuration.
7) Production setup.
8) Setting up footprint
9) Calibration
10) Fault handling.

I have started to fill out what I can though I don't have access to the machine so what I can do is limited.
https://hwgc.jogara.co.uk/en/software

Feel free to register and ping me a DM with your username. I will enable your account to add content.
Let me know what language to enable. Currently, there is English and Portuguese (Brazil).

To not fill this thread with loads of wiki talk, I have set up a Discord, https://discord.gg/xN8HmN9Tea

Tonight I register and start feeding with what little knowledge I have

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2021, 04:29:36 pm »
Today I ran 20 board panels easily and error-free. I lost some placements due to my failure in placing the feeder's transparent tape. I loved the machine in this first production, I started to setup the second model.

I am trying to set the correct temperature curve for SAC305 paste, I am using my small oven TS-962 because the 380 volt network is not ready.

Vídeo 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/121FsnProHhU_Rb4J6g-GDumsk4H_toca/view?usp=sharing
Video 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zIgGfsYevSDQnktFrQlomPsdhd9hR4k3/view?usp=sharing

Offline svenskelektronik

• Contributor
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2021, 11:07:01 am »
Just decided to go with the HW-T8-80F machine, will probably take some time before I get it though. I'll let you guys know what I think when I've had a proper test run!

Offline vstrulev

• Contributor
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2022, 03:15:12 am »
Good day. For those living in US and who is interested. Pick and place machine and feeders are tax free here in US, but you pay 25% tariff fee. Port fees were ~$550. Delivery from Seattle to Vancouver WA, which is ~170 miles, is $1025 because I need a service with a forklift and this is all my broker could find, or at least he said that. All of this for DU400; 60 feeders; and stencil printer. I've bought the machine from these guys: Beijing Huawei Guochuang Electronic Technology Co. Ltd. and according to their website on alibaba it looks like they are actual factory and they have pictures of the building and everything, but they are not. The name of actual company, which produces these machines, is Beijing Huawei Silkroad Electronic Technology Co. Ltd. Almost identical, but one word is different. There are two guys, who manage sells and who are located in the factory, one of them is Liu Jiangtao. Liu is the guy you want to deal with: I communicated to him via whatsup video in real time and he showed me around the company even if he did not benefit from it as he just wanted to proof he is the one, who works at the original factory. So he is the real one. I happened to buy their machine from the guy, who used to work in the company, but claims to belong to the company, see my explanation above. Deal went well and smooth, but now once deal was done, his communication changed for worse. The guy states it doesn't matter if you buy from him or them as it would be the same machine, and I believe it is, but dealing with the actual factory and people, who work there, is much better in my opinion. I glad to know Liu and he promised to provide full support for their machine. Bought their HW-R306 oven and 20 electric feeders as well, will be here in two months or so and this time arranged it door-to-door. Shipping is high.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 03:18:03 am by vstrulev »

Offline vstrulev

• Contributor
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2022, 03:20:29 am »
To the original writer regarding machine specifications: DU400 supports 20mm height components and this is why I've bought it. Here is a video:

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2022, 03:26:10 am »
Yeah, just get it from Liu. He's the real deal. We became friends after a rough start with him copying my videos and reuploading them. In just a short span, he helped me a lot. Constant update on software was given to me despite me actually bought the machine from a reseller but back then HWGC doesn't have any international official channel yet.

Both company albeit the name have the difference of "Silkroad", they are the same company. They are originally from Beijing which I did a visit in 2020. Then the Beijing environmental restrictions was getting tighter and more expensive to run. So, they went to the province next to Beijing in Hebei. But as China has that "one road, silk road" kinda mega initiative (or whatever they might have called it), if you add that "Silkroad" into your company name, you get some financial initiative from the government, something like that. Hence, that odd name.

The 20mm height on the newer DU series is due to the fact each nozzle is driven by an individual vertical motor. So you get a total of 360 degree to serve a total of 40 mm of vertical movement. So, by theory you get 20mm height of components at maximum.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 03:33:31 am by 48X24X48X »

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2022, 04:20:31 am »
For those of you living in cold countries, be aware that if you leave the machine in a cold warehouse it will not run properly afterwards. I’m talking probably 10C or less. Had to open the side panel and use a heater.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2022, 05:17:44 am »
For those of you living in cold countries, be aware that if you leave the machine in a cold warehouse it will not run properly afterwards. I’m talking probably 10C or less. Had to open the side panel and use a heater.
I think the parts used on the entire machine is not 100% industrial rated (-40 to +85 Degree Celsius). It probably applies to most machine bought in China.

Offline vstrulev

• Contributor
« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2022, 06:58:15 am »
Thank to all for the advices. Learning a lot. I plan to use the DU400 in my garage, at least for now. In preparation for the machine, I've installed 24K BTU minisplit heat pump in my garage (heating and cooling modes). I also build a good air treatment system as well, see attached pdf for those, who is interested. 

• Frequent Contributor
    • PCBA.UK
« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2022, 09:59:23 am »
If you have not already, check out our Discord server.
Slowly building up quite a few people who own/want these machines https://discord.gg/y5qxSSxq

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf