Author Topic: HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info  (Read 77495 times)

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
Re: HWGC P&P machines - Documentation, Discussion and Info
« Reply #250 on: February 10, 2022, 08:40:58 am »
One question to those operating the machine: do you use a water separation device or an air drying device between compressor and machine?
The feeder page has an "init angle", also probably the component library has this value

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #251 on: February 10, 2022, 09:13:08 am »
The feeder page has an "init angle", also probably the component library has this value
This angle is only for the component orientation. And it doesn't work right.
Have you seen the nozzle? They do not have a circular outlet. They more have like a rectangular outlet and that needs to be placed in the right angle. The problem is that the nozzles do not have a fixed angle. You can put them in the machine in any angle you like. So the machine does not no anything about the orientation of the nozzle. But it needs to do. And I was curious on how to set this up.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2022, 11:39:02 am »
This angle is only for the component orientation. And it doesn't work right.
Have you seen the nozzle? They do not have a circular outlet. They more have like a rectangular outlet and that needs to be placed in the right angle. The problem is that the nozzles do not have a fixed angle. You can put them in the machine in any angle you like. So the machine does not no anything about the orientation of the nozzle. But it needs to do. And I was curious on how to set this up.
When you insert the nozzle, make sure it is aligned to the direction you want (aka align to the MELF orientation). Tough but doable I believe. Got this advise from HWGC Shenzhen branch manager that actually runs a production line.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2022, 11:50:45 am »
When you insert the nozzle, make sure it is aligned to the direction you want (aka align to the MELF orientation). Tough but doable I believe. Got this advise from HWGC Shenzhen branch manager that actually runs a production line.
Thank you. Unfortunately I was expecting this. We should ask them to put this function into software.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2022, 03:16:29 pm »
Thank you. Unfortunately I was expecting this. We should ask them to put this function into software.
I was thinking maybe bringing the nozzle over the camera and we set the zero degree angle after adjusting using the angle jog.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #255 on: February 10, 2022, 03:31:15 pm »
I was thinking maybe bringing the nozzle over the camera and we set the zero degree angle after adjusting using the angle jog.
Something like that. The problem that may occur is that there is no endless rotation of the nozzle because of the vacuum connection. I will ask them to implement a function like that. And do some translation work because there are still so many menus or parts of it in Chinese.

Offline scheiglj

« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2022, 11:14:20 am »
Hello Everyone!
One question related to the calibration. Has anyone done the Mark camera calibration before? How should I do this? I have a hwgc hw t4 machine.
Thanks in advance! :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 11:28:24 am by scheiglj »

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2022, 03:30:32 am »
Hello Everyone!
One question related to the calibration. Has anyone done the Mark camera calibration before? How should I do this? I have a hwgc hw t4 machine.
Thanks in advance! :)
I will do a video on this. But, in general, those value you found there is what they already calibrated and accounted for during their factory testing.
You basically need to move the mark camera cursor to the most left upper clamping metal top right corner. Then click on preview offset. The preview offset will show you another window of the image with yellow color cursor. You can compare and see that this preview will give you an exact alignment with yours on the left if they are spot on. If you need to change this value, you need to restart the software for the value to take effect. Values for the offset are usually 3-4. You can try putting in a ridiculous like say 15 and preview the offset, you can see the cursor will be way off.
The effects of this mark camera calibration accuracy can been seen when you do the nozzle delta calibration. 

Edit: I added an image here so it gives you a better overall picture. As you can see, both image are quite close in terms of the cross hair position. My setting was 4 on x-offset and 0 on y-offset.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 05:34:48 am by 48X24X48X »

The following users thanked this post: scheiglj

Offline alexaraujo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2022, 11:29:31 am »
After a whirlwind of things that happened in these two months, I finally managed to get back to my routines.

In those two months, I went on vacation, I lost very dear people, my children got sick and despite everything our small assembly line ran surprisingly.

We have already recovered 22% of the invested capital and are adding an additional amount of capital to purchase complements to our smd line.

Responding to friends who helped me in this way.
@Jackster - I'll go from the sequel on your wiki.
@48X24X48X - Do you have plans to come to Brazil? I have to pay you the tickets, you helped me a lot.

The following users thanked this post: Jackster

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2022, 12:52:31 pm »
After a whirlwind of things that happened in these two months, I finally managed to get back to my routines.

In those two months, I went on vacation, I lost very dear people, my children got sick and despite everything our small assembly line ran surprisingly.

We have already recovered 22% of the invested capital and are adding an additional amount of capital to purchase complements to our smd line.

Responding to friends who helped me in this way.
@Jackster - I'll go from the sequel on your wiki.
@48X24X48X - Do you have plans to come to Brazil? I have to pay you the tickets, you helped me a lot.
Hope your kid is well now. It's tough time during this Covid era especially for kids. Mine got sick too during the CNY holiday.
And for sure, these machine will help your business in a blink of an eye. Recovered my money spent albeit my setup is a lot smaller than yours, in 2 just months.
But, unfortunately, I'm not moving anywhere at the time being.
Take care.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2022, 01:06:29 pm »
Has anyone an english version of the part library? Mine is partly chinese and a lot of components/packages are missing.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #261 on: February 28, 2022, 02:16:32 pm »
Has anyone an english version of the part library? Mine is partly chinese and a lot of components/packages are missing.
Are you sure they are in Chinese? It's just some standard package in the conventional package naming scheme? Maybe 1-2 are in Chinese but not a deal breaker.
I have since extended the library for parts not inside the library by duplicating the existing ones and used some of the more common parameters.
I have also group them by type so it's easier to see.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2022, 07:54:51 am »
Are you sure they are in Chinese? It's just some standard package in the conventional package naming scheme? Maybe 1-2 are in Chinese but not a deal breaker.
I have since extended the library for parts not inside the library by duplicating the existing ones and used some of the more common parameters.
I have also group them by type so it's easier to see.
You are right, only the categories are in Chinese. I will try to rename them.
Is there a place to share the parts/components data?

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2022, 07:06:11 am »
I don't think there's much point in sharing one's library because you have your own setup which covers many aspect like speed, whether or not you follow the manufacturer orientation on reel, nozzle size preference, LED exposure and many more other stuff that I believe depends very much on one's personal preferences on how you run your machine. Of course there's some guidelines but that is probably already covered by the default library. Using someone's else library would also mean you might get surprises that you don't expect. It's akin to drawing your own footprint compared to say simply downloading something from public domain. Right now, I don't even follow the setup from the default library and tweaked them to my own liking.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2022, 07:36:19 am »
I don't think there's much point in sharing one's library because you have your own setup which covers many aspect like speed, whether or not you follow the manufacturer orientation on reel, nozzle size preference, LED exposure and many more other stuff that I believe depends very much on one's personal preferences on how you run your machine. Of course there's some guidelines but that is probably already covered by the default library. Using someone's else library would also mean you might get surprises that you don't expect. It's akin to drawing your own footprint compared to say simply downloading something from public domain. Right now, I don't even follow the setup from the default library and tweaked them to my own liking.
I partially disagree. There are a lot of parameters that are universal to every user, like size and height and nozzle type. There are so many packages missing for ICs that it takes quite a while to fill them in. And my machine sits on the ground and is not connected to the internet. So I need to kneel beside it and run another computer/laptop to find the parameters and fill them in. It would be easier to do this on my desktop with all the data availlable.
I will look at the data format and check if there is a way to manage the packages outside the machine and reload it.
And for filling in the data requires some effort it could be usefull to share it with others.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #266 on: March 04, 2022, 03:37:26 am »
I partially disagree. There are a lot of parameters that are universal to every user, like size and height and nozzle type. There are so many packages missing for ICs that it takes quite a while to fill them in. And my machine sits on the ground and is not connected to the internet. So I need to kneel beside it and run another computer/laptop to find the parameters and fill them in. It would be easier to do this on my desktop with all the data availlable.
I will look at the data format and check if there is a way to manage the packages outside the machine and reload it.
And for filling in the data requires some effort it could be usefull to share it with others.
Even when it comes to jelly beans item like capacitor, there are variations in height for example let alone other type of IC packages. For me, I treat them just like how I treat PCB footprint library. I would only use the ones I draw from scratch because I know exactly important aspects such as limitation of the PCB manufacturing I'm using.

You should get a proper table made, you will appreciate it in the long run. I made mine from a Taobao welding service for $200 sea shipped to Malaysia. The table design was given by HWGC but I chopped off the bottom leg from the design and replaced them with castor wheel of similar height to provide a better stability which was recommended by the welder. The table weighed about 60 kg.

The following users thanked this post: JanL

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #267 on: March 04, 2022, 07:15:31 am »
Even when it comes to jelly beans item like capacitor, there are variations in height for example let alone other type of IC packages. For me, I treat them just like how I treat PCB footprint library. I would only use the ones I draw from scratch because I know exactly important aspects such as limitation of the PCB manufacturing I'm using.

You should get a proper table made, you will appreciate it in the long run. I made mine from a Taobao welding service for $200 sea shipped to Malaysia. The table design was given by HWGC but I chopped off the bottom leg from the design and replaced them with castor wheel of similar height to provide a better stability which was recommended by the welder. The table weighed about 60 kg.
Thanks for the design. I will care about the table/stand when I move to my new office. I am thinking about something more solid to reduce the impact of the moving head.
Until then I am still in need of a working library and there need to be lots of packages added. So I will stick to my idea. No offense

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2022, 10:57:43 am »
I found an easier way. I will install the software on a VM. The footprint lab works without the machine connected.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2022, 12:19:57 pm »
I found an easier way. I will install the software on a VM. The footprint lab works without the machine connected.
I have seen their TikTok's video on this offline footprint library editing way before the software was released but I have never done that because my machine is easily accessed.

Offline 48X24X48X

• Frequent Contributor
    • Rocket Scream
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2022, 11:44:33 am »
Does anyone here uses a wireless keyboard and mouse combo on the machine? I used the MK240 from Logitech and the metal keyboard and mouse holder area seems to be making the reception bad and disjoint at times. I thought of replacing them with other model but wouldn't want to get another if it's behaving the same. I already have a stash of unused wired keyboard. The reason of using a combo would mean another USB port is free for thumb drive transferring files.

Offline JanL

• Contributor
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2022, 12:38:41 pm »
Does anyone here uses a wireless keyboard and mouse combo on the machine? I used the MK240 from Logitech and the metal keyboard and mouse holder area seems to be making the reception bad and disjoint at times. I thought of replacing them with other model but wouldn't want to get another if it's behaving the same. I already have a stash of unused wired keyboard. The reason of using a combo would mean another USB port is free for thumb drive transferring files.
Maybe you could find an extension cable for the usb dongle so you can stick it closer to mouse and keyboard. They where common some 20 years ago ;)

Offline Kamran Malik

HWGC T4 P&P machines - Air Dryer Required or not
« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2022, 06:57:23 am »
Hi Guys,
I am new on the blog and just joined. I have a HWGC T4 machine which is being made operational now.

There are few months in the year where humidity is very high , around 80%  or days when it rains a lot. Please note that we have no air conditioning where compressor is placed. Only thing we have done is to put Water separator at compressor output.

Query:

Is there any need for air dryer to be used before the compressor?

Thanks

Kamran

Offline SMTech

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2022, 01:42:51 pm »
Always put a dryer in front of this kind of equipment.

I'd also look at your component storage, you might want to either use a dry cabinet or to make sure anything you are not about use immediately either stays in the vacuum sealed bag it came in or is baked and sealed until you need it.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline vstrulev

• Contributor
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2022, 01:28:06 am »
Good Evening Kamran. Take a look at Reply #241. I've included a schematic in pdf format and some pictures of my setup. You don't have to use same parts, but will get an idea of what could be used. There are part numbers as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf