Electronics > Mechanical & Automation Engineering

12V PLC for diesel fire pump control

(1/1)

rvalente:
Hello mates,

I'm very used to apply 24V PLC systems, Allen Bradley  |O, Siemens, Wago and Mitsubishi but always at 24V. This diesel fire pump is 12V and I was trying to avoid the use of a 12V to 24V boost.

The requirements would be:

Nominal working voltage from 6V (bad batteries during crank) up to 16V (bad alternator), digital inputs, relay outputs and analog inputs 0-10V/4-20mA.

I'm not inclined to use these Logo or similar series, to resource limited.

If not, would you recommend a good 12V to 24V boost ups? From tier one brands, Siemens..Wago Weidmuller.. etc

I can not use any custom boards or special stuff, has to be industrial equipment, this is the project drive 10 year + of parts available

floobydust:
I've used Danfoss PLUS+1 PLC's in 12V vehicles. They have the transient, temperature, vibration ratings and typically used for drive-by-wire electro-hydraulic vehicles.
Their S/W is expensive, so make sure you price that in.

A fire water pump is mission critical so you would not want to go cheap and have it fail.

rvalente:

--- Quote from: floobydust on November 01, 2019, 09:20:05 pm ---I've used Danfoss PLUS+1 PLC's in 12V vehicles. They have the transient, temperature, vibration ratings and typically used for drive-by-wire electro-hydraulic vehicles.
Their S/W is expensive, so make sure you price that in.

A fire water pump is mission critical so you would not want to go cheap and have it fail.

--- End quote ---

True, I do not want to save and have it fail, will price it rightly and do accordingly to the standards, paper and pulp factory VERY critical.

I've found this IFM, what do u think? Programmable on codesys

https://www.ifm.com/br/en/product/CR0403

floobydust:
That PLC has vibration and vehicle transient overvoltage ratings, it looks good. The vibration/water and wiring is always a weak point, it will need a separate enclosure.

rvalente:
Will look forward to it, vibration is not an issue to me, the control panel is static to the wall, stationary engine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version