Author Topic: Precision and Rigid milling machine  (Read 4138 times)

Offline xzswq21Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Precision and Rigid milling machine
« on: November 25, 2021, 08:19:53 am »
I wanted to buy a WABECO F1210HS ISO30 and spend $7000 for the machine but many people have reported that the head is made of Aluminum and the machine is not rigid.
I want the machine to make small things but for small or medium production. (not for hobby)

What do you think about the OPTImill MH 25V or other milling machines?

OPTImill MH 25V, the price is $4000:
https://www.stuermer-machines.com/me...h-25v-3338155/

The spindle speed of the OPTImill MH 25V is 200 to 4000 RPM so it's not perfect for the end mills with a diameter smaller than 10mm (3mm to 6mm) but sometimes the speed should be higher than 4000RPM.

You see the cutting speed etc for the OPTImill MH 25V at page 32 and 33 of the below document:
https://www.cnc-shop.mobasi.com/down...eng-manual.pdf

But how much is the milling machine accurate? I should make small things within +/- 0.025mm accuracy. but in my general work it can be +/- 0.1mm or +/- 0.05mm.

It's interesting Optimum hasn't reported the Runout or table flatness of the machines, WABECO reported anything and I'm pretty sure they have used several Japanese parts in their productions and they reply all your questions! But Optimum is not responsible.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:11:44 am by xzswq21 »
❤ ❤

Offline Benta

• Super Contributor
Re: Precision and Rigid milling machine
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 10:02:28 pm »
I'm really irritated now, and I apologize for recommending the F1200/1210 earlier. It seems Wabeco has caved in to cost savings over the last years.
My 20 yo. F1200 has a pretty massive cast iron head, and all the other structural elements of the machine are cast iron as well. And without casting faults.

That it's suddenly thin-walled aluminium is completely new to me.

A comment to the guy in the video: he's milling C45 steel (which is the most horrible material that you can work with), and he's doing it without cooling/lubrication. A total no-go.

The MH 25V looks nice, I'd go for that as well if I didn't already have a mill.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf