Electronics > Mechanical & Automation Engineering

right angle micro screwdriver for trim pots?

(1/2) > >>

coppercone2:
Does a right angle screw driver exist in the form that it is a rod with a knob on top that when you turn it it will rotate the bit? Normally this mechanism would not be useful for anything but inserting screws prior to tightning, but it would be useful for potentiometers in bad positions, so you don't need to take the board out.

I thought it might exist as some watch maker/weird mechanical discipline tool

tszaboo:
You mean a wrench with bits? Yes, it exists.

Neomys Sapiens:

--- Quote from: coppercone2 on November 24, 2022, 10:35:56 am ---Does a right angle screw driver exist in the form that it is a rod with a knob on top that when you turn it it will rotate the bit? Normally this mechanism would not be useful for anything but inserting screws prior to tightning, but it would be useful for potentiometers in bad positions, so you don't need to take the board out.

I thought it might exist as some watch maker/weird mechanical discipline tool

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately too large:
https://spectools.com/product/skewdriver-pro-kit-model-spk-4040/

I would very much like to have that for 4mm bits or Bernstein interchangeable alignment tips.
But have not encountered anything even close.

thm_w:
Probably not small enough
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832814012934.html

Maybe have to make your own.

coppercone2:
well like the last one, not a ratcheting one, its just a trim pot, so I can see a knurled knob at the end that you use to turn the pot folward or backward on the other end

do you know where you can find tiny brass? gears that can be put on the edge of long pins to make this?

I figure a good one would have 4x bearing, two shafts, and two gears that interface at a right angle

then you make a T shape with tubes, that one shaft in in handle, the other shaft is in the top of the T. Or maybe just plastic bushings would work since its low energy.

are there suitable watch gears? or something from model engine kits/precision scientific gearbox kits/etc?remote control cars? hot wheels?

I think it needs those cone shaped bearings that provide right angle interface power

I would buy a gear, but I am not trying to make a tiny gear like that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version