Electronics > Mechanical & Automation Engineering

Used Precision Lathe machine

<< < (9/11) > >>

Benta:
Turn the spindle by hand.

Over and out.

Jester:

--- Quote from: MarkF on August 26, 2021, 09:31:38 am ---
--- Quote from: beanflying on August 26, 2021, 02:21:28 am ---If you can you want power feed on both axis and bigger/heavier/rigid is certainly a plus if you have the space/$$. The video below is a good starting point and watch some more of Quinn's videos to see what you can do on a smaller Lathe.

--- End quote ---

If you want to go off the deep end, Clough's Electronic Leadscrew attachment for his Grizzly lathe.

Edit.  You can always add a digital readout (DRO) later.
Clough actually shows adding a DRO to his new milling machine.

--- End quote ---

I have the Canadian (Chinese) version of this lathe CX706 and made my my own twist on the ELS no Launchpad required. This is a great upgrade and I can’t imagine not having a lathe, they are simply indispensable. If you end up going this direction and want to do the ELS, let me know I have a small PCB that makes it easy.

totalnoob:
Jester,

I would be interested in your design.  I really like Clough 42's, but would also like to incorporate a way to also drive the crosslide on my old Craftsman lathe that does not have either a QCGB or powered crosslide.  Not interested in full CNC, just a way to make manual machining easier.

Thanks.

richard.cs:

--- Quote from: langwadt on August 25, 2021, 02:51:52 pm ---until you try with teflon, which is like hard chewing gum that move, expands, and contracts ...

--- End quote ---
Are yes, wonderful stuff except that it looses all its useful mechanical properties above -40°C

;-)

xzswq21:
This is the tool post of the TOYO ML-360:

as you see in the picture, the cross section of the the tool holder is 8x8, can I fit a 10x10 tool holder in the tool post? in case of using a 10x10 tool holder can I align the center of the tailstock with the cutting inserts tip? actually it's a simple tool post.
I need a larger tool post for the lathe.

can I use a Proxxon PD 250 Quick change tool post for the lathe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version