Electronics > Mechanical & Automation Engineering

Welding - Stick, TIG and MIG

<< < (4/12) > >>

beanflying:
Bumpity Bump - sort of.

Janky jigging today but it got the job done. TIG 50 amps no filler on a Hydraulic jack screw that go sheared off. Part of a rebuild on my Lifting table and it will be attached with the flex drive used on part of the jig. The Hex was just a cut down spare nut driver and I will run a die back up over the weld to tidy the thread area.

Magnetic pointer/earth is a great thing to add to your collection too.

beanflying:
Bob is back with nearly a dozen videos in the last month. Good mix of factory tours and welding info presented in his cruisy style.

beanflying:
I am WEAK and it was just on $500 AUD because of some loyalty points I had and because it was Boxing Day it got me another $100 in vouchers...... Got a trailer to rebuild this year and a little work down the yard so Gasless MIG is faster/sensible over TIG outside and WAY WAY better than my stick welding skills are likely to ever get back to.

At least that was 'part' of the justification  >:D

160A Mig/Stick box with all the modern easy set point and shoot but can be over ridden and will run Gasless or Gas, Steel, Stainless or Aluminium.

Alti:

--- Quote from: beanflying on December 26, 2022, 08:44:33 am ---160A Mig/Stick box with all the modern easy set point and shoot but can be over ridden and will run Gasless or Gas, Steel, Stainless or Aluminium.
--- End quote ---

I have never heard about 15% duty cycle rating. Usually these ratings were given in 35% and 100% ED at 10 minutes.

--- Quote ---Duty Cycle STICK:
140A@15%
54A@100%
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Duty Cycle MIG:
160A@15%
62A@100%
--- End quote ---

beanflying:
I had a talk to the product guys at a recent trade show and theirs is 1 1/2 minutes to 10 off so it is a generous 15% I guess. The reality is most of what I will be doing with it will be 2-3mm wall tubing so you don't need 160A regardless. If you are welding 25 to even 50mm SHS I doubt you could weld much over that duty cycle unless you have a heap of tube fixtured ready to go.

Different story if you are trying to weld 6-10mm plate or continual root and filler passes but then this is not the welder you buy either. This is also not a BS evilbay duty cycle either requiring 200% efficiency  ::) it runs on a 10A 240V socket.

The other attractive thing to me in part is it will run off the Generator I own while the TIG I got a year or so back will not and a larger MIG would be in the same boat. Even if I wound the TIG back it is worth a lot more $ if I fried before you get to the issues of Gas outdoors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version