Electronics > Mechanical & Automation Engineering

What is the Name of this Spur Gear Assembly

<< < (3/3)

Smokey:

--- Quote from: bostonman on November 15, 2022, 01:56:02 am ---I like that tripod, and, in fact, that looks like a better and cheaper solution than my idea.

My only concern would be whether one (or a few) legs remain soldered, the vacuum may pull the IC chip and a pad will lift off the board as a result of pre-mature lifting.

--- End quote ---

I have the hand piece vacuum picker on my hot air rework station.  I've never pulled a pad off.  I'm not sure it has enough suction.  The part just doesn't stick if it's not ready to come up.

bostonman:
The more I thought about this, I realized maybe a way to mount either, a vacuum or a hot air pencil.

When I went to solder a new chip, I needed my hands free to keep the IC in place and couldn’t keep the hot air steady.

thm_w:

--- Quote from: bostonman on November 15, 2022, 01:56:02 am ---I like that tripod, and, in fact, that looks like a better and cheaper solution than my idea.

My only concern would be whether one (or a few) legs remain soldered, the vacuum may pull the IC chip and a pad will lift off the board as a result of pre-mature lifting.

--- End quote ---

The spring is providing the force. Spring doesn't look too strong, but, you could design in a weaker one if needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version