Author Topic: Will collaborative artificial intelligence be the robotics game changer  (Read 2632 times)

Offline jonovidTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
Mush, Spot, Mush!

see how this lot of Spots is working as one! in this simple test.

Is there anything robotics can not do when artificial intelligence finally gets to be truly collaborative.
between autonomous robotic units?  most useful applications will be in the work space, 
however, add military AI & you may have got an army of killer robots that will be science fact.  :scared:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 05:34:47 am by jonovid »
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
Just imagine the fun when a group of "right wing" AI comes up against a group of "left wing" AI for a collaborative project.

The following users thanked this post: jonovid

Offline magic

• Super Contributor
Imagine the fun when political parties employ chat bots to argue for them on the Internet and 10 bots from party A meet 10 bots from party B on some forum :popcorn:

The scary thought is that while I'm not entirely sure we will get "general AI" or "truly autonomous units spontaneously deciding to collaborate" anytime soon, I think the above may actually have a chance of reaching viability in this century.

The following users thanked this post: jonovid, petert

Offline windsmurf

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
see how this lot of Spots is working as one! in this simple test.

Is there anything robotics can not do when artificial intelligence finally gets to be truly collaborative.
between autonomous robotic units?  most useful applications will be in the work space, 
however, add military AI & you may have got an army of killer robots that will be science fact.  :scared:

Swarm warfare is the next step I think.... swarms of autonomous armed robots or flying "Charlene's" coordinating with each other...
https://youtu.be/7sVElxRKQ0E

I hope it gets to a point where AI on both sides will accurately predict any warfare outcome and resultant cost in lives/money... preventing us from getting into a military conflict in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:22:13 am by windsmurf »

Offline KL27x

• Super Contributor
Swarm warfare is the next step I think.... swarms of autonomous armed robots or flying "Charlene's" coordinating with each other...
With jets airplanes, there is a size limit for practicality. Jet engines lose efficiency when you make them smaller. Smaller fighters can carry less fuel. And so it goes. It's just more efficient to nuke it from orbit.

^Holy crap. That looks dangerous as hell. I wonder how secure is this radio transmitter/receiver and what additional protections, if any, he added to the electronics to ensure no false positives on the happy switch.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 01:53:34 am by KL27x »

Offline AlfBaz

• Super Contributor
I can't get my head around all those seemingly plastic feet gaining sufficient traction to move that vehicle. I suspect (see end of OP's video) the bloke the back of the truck is pushing :-DD

Offline windsmurf

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
...^Holy crap. That looks dangerous as hell. I wonder how secure is this radio transmitter/receiver and what additional protections, if any, he added to the electronics to ensure no false positives on the happy switch.

Heheh yeah that's what I thought too, until I found out this thing was CG... CG drone, but real guns and explosives used. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf