Electronics > Metrology

[BE] Unofficial calibration of my HP3478A & Fluke 341A

(1/2) > >>

pyroesp:
I'm looking for someone in Belgium who is willing to help me calibrate my HP3478A and maybe my Fluke 341A.
It's not that I don't know how to calibrate the meters and voltage standard, I do RTFM, but I have nothing to compare it too, except a cheap 50€ no-name brand multimeter.

I'll pay in € or beer, whichever you prefer, for the help and use of equipment.

I speak French and Dutch so no problem there (sorry German friends).

Haven't asked for an official calibration yet as I'm probably going to replace caps and other components in both instruments.
But in the meantime I'd like to have them reading and outputting (close to) what they're supposed to.

Hope someone can help  :-/O.

e61_phil:
Adjusting the 341A isn't funny. Perhaps you can send the 3478A as a transfer standard to anybody and adjust the 341A by yourself. My 3478A stays very long time in the 24h specification (similar to the 341A). And adjusting of a 3478A is very easy.

Perhaps there is anybody in belgium with some gear. Shipping to germany and back isn't cheap, I think.

pyroesp:

--- Quote from: e61_phil on September 29, 2016, 02:39:09 pm ---Adjusting the 341A isn't funny. Perhaps you can send the 3478A as a transfer standard to anybody and adjust the 341A by yourself.
--- End quote ---
Yes, like I said: "... and maybe my Fluke 341A", so as long as the 3478A can be calibrated then I should be able to do the 341A myself.

--- Quote from: e61_phil on September 29, 2016, 02:39:09 pm ---Shipping to germany and back isn't cheap, I think.
--- End quote ---
Haven't checked, but I think so too. If Germany is the only option I have, I'll just drive there, if possible (love the autobahn). Like a 3 to 4h drive max should be ok. Also makes for an interesting trip with friends.

Dr. Frank:
Well,

Why not travelling to Frankfurt area?
Bruxelles is about 4h15 away.

I also speak French, if necessary.

Belgian autoroute is also nice, due to yellow lighting in the night.

Belgian Beer is very welcome.

Frank

Dr. Frank:

--- Quote from: pyroesp on September 29, 2016, 06:42:30 pm ---
--- Quote from: e61_phil on September 29, 2016, 02:39:09 pm ---Adjusting the 341A isn't funny. Perhaps you can send the 3478A as a transfer standard to anybody and adjust the 341A by yourself.
--- End quote ---
Yes, like I said: "... and maybe my Fluke 341A", so as long as the 3478A can be calibrated then I should be able to do the 341A myself.

--- End quote ---

Nope, the 3478A is not sufficient at all to calibrate the 341A:

Although 341A is a 6 digit instrument only, it requires about 25ppm absolute uncertainty for DCV range calibration, and about 10ppm uncertainty for linearity (ratio).

The 3478A is 40ppm certain only (24h), and resolves 5 2/3 digits only, which yields 67ppm for the 15V adjustment of the 341A only, and for linearity adjustment, it's at least missing a factor 10 of resolution.
Also the 10V, 100V, 1kV ranges can not be calibrated precisely enough.

If the 341A already contains an SZA263 as reference, it may make sense to calibrate it to the same level like the 343A, which requires even 10 times more precise equipment.
The 3458A will do this job.

So therefore, it 's essential, that you also bring your 341A for calibration.

Afterwards, you may even calibrate the 3478As DCV ranges by means of the 341A.

Frank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version