Electronics > Metrology

WinGPIB - Windows GPIB App (multi-purpose)

<< < (145/150) > >>

IanJ:
New version in Post #1 available for download.
WinGPIB_V3_159_full.zip - Fresh install
WinGPIB_V3_159_updated_exe.zip - Updated exe to replace existing
WinGPIB_V3_160_full.zip - Fresh install
WinGPIB_V3_160_updated_exe.zip - Updated exe to replace existing
[Virus scanned using BitDefender AntiVirus]

Added a SAVE SETTINGS button to the PDVS2mini tab for the PDVS2mini related settings.

If the settings are empty/blank (first ever run of the app) then here are my defaults:
Init Step Size (bits) = 5
Init. Accuracy = 0.00010
Step Size Final (Bits) = 1
Final Accuracy = 0.00001
Comms Delay (mS) = 125
Low/Shut = 13.0/12.5Vdc
C.Enable = YES
O/L mA = 400mA
Full mA = 70mA
DegC =
3458A Serial Number =
User/Company =
Serial No. =
Serial = OK
Soak = 168hrs
DC Inp. = OK
Chg/Dis. = OK

Tony_G:
Hey Ian,

I just set up a new computer and I grabbed the latest WinGPIB from here (V3_160) but it is throwing a System.IO.FileNotFoundException:

--- Code: ---Log Name:      Application
Source:        .NET Runtime
Date:          4/15/2024 7:46:48 AM
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      TG-BEELINK
Description:
Application: WinGPIB.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at PDVS2_GPIB.Formtest..ctor()

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyProject+MyForms.Create__Instance__[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon)
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-04-15T14:46:48.6656400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5946</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="14572" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>TG-BEELINK</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Application: WinGPIB.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at PDVS2_GPIB.Formtest..ctor()

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyProject+MyForms.Create__Instance__[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.__Canon)
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
--- End code ---

Running the release exe under the VS debugger shows:

--- Code: ---System.InvalidOperationException
  HResult=0x80131509
  Message=An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'MCP2221DLL-M-dotNet4, Version=1.0.5646.24010, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
  Source=WinGPIB
  StackTrace:
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in PDVS2_GPIB.My\MyProject.cs:line 218
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in PDVS2_GPIB.My\MyApplication.cs:line 39
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
   at PDVS2_GPIB.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in PDVS2_GPIB.My\MyApplication.cs:line 22

This exception was originally thrown at this call stack:

Inner Exception 1:
FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MCP2221DLL-M-dotNet4, Version=1.0.5646.24010, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

--- End code ---

That seems to be a Microchip DLL wrapper (Just a guess) - Did this get linked in accidentally or is there a pre-req that I forgot to install?

Thanks,

TonyG

Tony_G:
Hey Ian,

Please ignore - Now that I have enough coffee in my I see that you included the DLL in the download list.

Sorry all for the noise,

TonyG

IanJ:

--- Quote from: Tony_G on April 15, 2024, 03:25:24 pm ---Hey Ian,

Please ignore - Now that I have enough coffee in my I see that you included the DLL in the download list.

Sorry all for the noise,

TonyG

--- End quote ---

I may have forgotten to add the .DLL to the installer so that it's automatically copied in. I'll check that for future versions.

UPDATE:
Full installer updated with DLL in Post #1.

Ian.

Tony_G:
Hey Ian,

I grabbed your updated version and installed it on the Beelink S12 Mini that I just bought specifically to run WinGPIB etc next to my kit and I'm still getting the issue with it not finding the DLL. The interesting thing is that I just dropped the DLL into the WinGPIB directory on my desktop machine and it works fine.

So I have, what appear to be, 2 identical installs on different machines and yet WinGPIB can find the DLL on one device and not the other.

Any ideas?

TonyG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version