Electronics > Metrology

WinGPIB - Windows GPIB App (multi-purpose)

<< < (152/166) > >>

coromonadalix:
And if you use the Rhode Schwartz  Visa package 7.2.3     

They include a tool called : Tester 32 and 64 bit

see the attached image, you click on the   Find Resource  and anything detected / connected will show

coromonadalix:
@Terra    if  you normally  do a call of the instrument id  *IDN?  or else

some  not all for sure, may spit their revision,   if the company made it so... if not go into their menu system properties

My generator answer this  with an IDN command

Siglent Technologies,SSG3032X,SSG3XXXXXXXXXX,3.1.19R5   i put x'es on the number  loll

there you see it's fw  version : 3.1.19R5

TERRA Operative:
Thanks for the revision! It works perfectly now using my D drive and makes the needed folders itself. :)

For the address, what I mean is that when I'm copying out the calibration data, I can choose two options for either an older or newer 3457A as the calibration data is held in different addresses in RAM.
I'm just wondering how to determine which selection to make for my instrument. i.e, looking at the serial number or a revision number on the PCB etc?

IanJ:

--- Quote from: TERRA Operative on May 15, 2024, 03:48:44 pm ---Thanks for the revision! It works perfectly now using my D drive and makes the needed folders itself. :)

For the address, what I mean is that when I'm copying out the calibration data, I can choose two options for either an older or newer 3457A as the calibration data is held in different addresses in RAM.
I'm just wondering how to determine which selection to make for my instrument. i.e, looking at the serial number or a revision number on the PCB etc?

--- End quote ---

Ahhh, I see.
On page 8-23 of the service manual it gives some instruction to work out which version you have based on the serial number of your 3457A.
There is also some info on the following page where folks have identified the different versions:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/dumping-cal-ram-of-a-hp3457a/50/

Ian.

coromonadalix:
I think the next question would be :

Q:would it be possible from within WinGPB to execute some -pre programmed commands     say:  python or else

Meaning   WinGpib connect to the instrument and  "from the 3457 linked page",     you execute a cal dump thru it and save it elsewhere ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version