Electronics > Metrology

WinGPIB - Windows GPIB App (multi-purpose)

<< < (154/163) > >>

IanJ:
New version in Post #1 available for download.
WinGPIB_V3_175.zip
[Virus scanned using BitDefender AntiVirus]
Need help installing, upgrading or moving to a new PC, then see instructions in Post #1

Bug fix in the Live Chart, the y-scale was not working correctly if auto-scale was turned off (manual ranging). Manual ranging y-scale now fixed at 8dp's.
I have also stopped the Enable Chart 1 & 2 checkboxes from being cleared when the Clear Chart button is pressed.

Ian.

IanJ:
New version in Post #1 available for download. - PLEASE READ THE INFO BELOW BEFORE UPGRADING TO THIS NEW VERSION
WinGPIB_V3_178.zip
Need help installing, upgrading or moving to a new PC, then see instructions in Post #1

I have made quite a lot of changes in the background to WinGPIB, and a couple of minor bugfixes, so if you upgrade to this version then you must use the old EXPORT PROFILES button to save your profiles to a text file first (i.e. Profiles 2024-05-29 11-09-01.txt).......as this new version may wipe them. This is due to the backend system changes I have made.
Alternatively, see the procedure in Post #1 for copying profiles to new PC for versions prior to V3.178.

Once upgraded to this new version you can open the text file (i.e. Profiles 2024-05-29 11-09-01.txt) and re-enter your profile data if they have been wiped.

I have added two new buttons on the main tab, EXPORT PROFILES and IMPORT PROFILES:

EXPORT PROFILES will backup all your profile data & settings to a file \WinGPIBdata\ProfilesData.dat
IMPORT PROFILES will restore all your profile data & settings from \WinGPIBdata\ProfilesData.dat
This is extremely useful if moving WinGPIB to a new PC and you want to copy over your profile data & settings.

The SAVE TO TEXT button is still there in order to export your profiles (only) to a readable text file (i.e. Profiles 2024-05-29 11-09-01.txt).

Ian.

IanJ:
New version in Post #1 available for download. - PLEASE READ THE INFO IN PREVIOUS POST BEFORE UPGRADING TO THIS VERSION IF YOU ARE COMING FROM V3.177 OR EARLIER.
WinGPIB_V3_179.zip

I have added a new "Send PRE RUN only" button so that the PRE RUN commands can be run once and without running the normal timer based running.

In the example below I connected to Device 1 and ran the PRE RUN commands using the new button, then hit QUERY ASYNC once just to get one reply from my device.

Previously you had to run normal timer based logging and then immediately stop it, or send individual SEND ASYNC commands.

IanJ:
New version in Post #1 available for download. - PLEASE READ THE INFO IN POST #766 BEFORE UPGRADING TO THIS VERSION IF YOU ARE COMING FROM V3.177 OR EARLIER.
WinGPIB_V3_180.zip WinGPIB_V3_181.zip

Added a couple of internal commands for the COMMAND LINE interface, an easier/quicker way to change from QUERY ASYNC to SEND ASYNC modes and vice versa, i.e. an alternative solution to the checkboxes.
#SA will set the checkbox to SEND ASYNC mode.
#QA will set the checkbox to QUERY ASYNC mode.

Example:
I used #SA to set to SEND ASYNC mode so I could then send NPLC 25 to my device.
Then I used #QA to set to QUERY ASYNC mode so I could then retrieve a value from my device.
The #SA and #QA commands are not sent over GPIB.

UPDATE (V3.181): Also added a right arrow and a few spaces to help show GPIB responses.

yuhar:
Hi Ian,

exellent application.

some questions or possible suggestions,

- possible log the system tempereture too? (SYSTEM:TEMP?) (34465A, 34470A meter...)
- perhaps it would be nice to have an option that would log the read value - not time based logging (keyboard button press; maybe space or any other...)
- Time syncronisation to PC (SYSTEM:TIME ...)

Thank You:
 Istvan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version