Author Topic: ADR1000AHZ Group buy EU only - CANCELLED -  (Read 14942 times)

Offline YetAnotherTechieTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: ADR1000AHZ Group buy EU only
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 02:38:51 pm »
Hello,
This group buy is getting much :o larger than anticipated,  I would like to get some clarification/opinions on payment methods, so I don't get stuck with orders from people that are not comfortable with the payment method.

I don't want to receive payments until order is confirmed. Once I receive it I will post pictures of the package and contents from AD as proof that they were indeed ordered.

1 - I prefer to receive payments with bank transfer (no costs to either party)
2 - Transferwise transfer (no cost to either party, and it's the account where the currency conversion will happen, so better for me)
3 - Cash on delivery for an extra 9,78€.
4 - Paypal personal transfer(no fees)
5 - Paypal (CC or buyer protection), will incur costs to me from 1,2%+0,35€ to 2,90%+0,35€, depending on how you send, but I haven't received commercial payments on PayPal in >10years, so I don't know. As you must understand, if you choose to pay using PayPal with credit card and/or buyer protection, to me makes no difference, as long as I receive the agreed amount, the only way (I see) to use those options is to make two payments, one for the order, and then one as personal transfer(no fees) for whatever amount PayPal deducted on the first.

As usual, to make it easier for me, if you are ordering please edit your original comment with preferred method, if you just want to comment/make suggestions do so as a new reply at the end of the page.
Best Regards
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 02:48:17 pm by YetAnotherTechie »

Offline antintedo

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 03:40:16 pm »
3 for me please. Personal Paypal or SEPA preferred.

Offline Jes7

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 05:34:11 am »
I would like to cancel my order.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:47:34 am by Jes7 »

Offline Haasje93

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 05:49:22 am »
2 for me please, paypal is fine with me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 11:10:06 am by Haasje93 »

Offline FransW

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 08:31:25 am »
Paypal OK for me.
Frans
PE1CCN, Systems Engineering, HP, Philips, TEK, BRYMAN, Fluke, Keithley

Offline JK21

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2021, 08:47:03 am »
I'd like to take 2 of them.

SEPA transfer preferred
Paypal for friends also fine

Thank you!

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2021, 09:34:44 am »
I know I am technically not in the EU but could I have 1

I will pay via Bank Transfer
Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

Offline mrflibble

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2021, 10:06:23 am »
I would like to buy 3 pieces. Bank transfer preferred.

And thank you for organizing this!  :-+

Offline Atmelfan

• We do what we must because we can
    • Github
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2021, 11:16:33 am »
One (1) for me. Paypal preferred.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2021, 12:12:41 pm »
It seemed wrong to order 79 so i ordered 80  ^-^
Pledges Locked.
Order Placed, time to wait.

The following users thanked this post: Echo88, SvanGool, MiDi, ch_scr, antintedo, Noopy, mendip_discovery

Offline DavidKo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2021, 03:01:24 pm »
Paypal is OK.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2021, 10:07:18 am »
Still showing:
"Order Status
Open - Under Review"
but I haven't received any email asking questions, only one for "order reception", and 10 minutes later "order acknowledgement"  :-//

Offline ch_scr

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2021, 10:26:43 am »
Still showing:
"Order Status
Open - Under Review"
but I haven't received any email asking questions, only one for "order reception", and 10 minutes later "order acknowledgement"  :-//
In my mind I see the product manager meeting with sales "That order is almost as big as K or the other K, who the frick is that guy?" "Is there an big underdog in Spain we missed?"  :-DD

Offline MiDi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2021, 02:39:25 pm »
You mean Portugal ;)

The following users thanked this post: ch_scr, YetAnotherTechie, mendip_discovery

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2021, 03:16:56 pm »
"Is there an big underdog in Spain we missed?"  :-DD

:rant:

P.S: I'm not mad  ;)

The following users thanked this post: MiDi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2021, 04:53:27 pm »
Well,
AD Germany office says they are only allowed to sell to VAT registered companies, and that I should contact my local sales office, my private VAT number was not accepted.
I've sent an email to the local sales office ARROW, and see what happens there. I'm going to ask AD Germany if they can ship DPD and have fedex collect the VAT, mentioning the group buy and that according to Rui Zhou or Carlos Sanchez the parts should be available to individuals.
Since quarks mentioned in a post that there were timezone delays, i'm guessing he's dealing with AD USA and they are supposed to be working on a solution too.
  :(

The following users thanked this post: mrflibble, Haasje93, alm, MiDi, ch_scr, DeMonk, xans, mendip_discovery

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2021, 01:47:43 pm »
Still waiting...

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2021, 07:00:22 pm »
So AD Germany refunded my card and made no mention that they did so or had canceled the order.
Arrow.com emails bounced both from the contact form, and the one given on the phone by a sales representative  :palm:, the online chat (bot) said "we only have a datasheet and if you do want the part it's 16 weeks delivery time"
Today i got hold of a human at the portuguese branch of Arrow, and she confirmed 10 available, the rest to be ordered from the manufacturer, i expect a quotation tomorrow.
And i hope no one has given up yet :-\, as i requested a quote for the 80 units
Fingers crossed.

The following users thanked this post: alm, Sprock, ch_scr, FransW, DavidKo, xans

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2021, 11:44:05 am »
Any progress on this? :)

Arrow Portugal has not come forward on this, they said they needed some info from Arrow Spain on how to deal with the tax and then crickets, it's like this companies never sold to final consumers  :-// I've been trying on the phone but no answer, my final attempt was Mouser(Spain). Whatever answer comes from them will be my final attempt. I don't like this situation, people pledged weeks ago and might have changed their minds in the meantime, then I would be stuck with expensive parts.

I apologize to those who are waiting, but the distributors keep me waiting too.

The following users thanked this post: TiN, Echo88, alm, ch_scr, DavidKo, mendip_discovery

Offline DavidKo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2021, 12:24:18 pm »
At least you have tried. It looks that Portugal is not at the list by mistake.

Mouser usually send the packets directly from US (at least in my case) and the ADR1000 are not in stock yet.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2021, 04:19:39 pm »
Mouser:
Quote received:"
Restricted Availability: This part number is not currently available from Mouser. Product may be in limited distribution or a factory special order."
I mentioned every time, next to the part number that it was "special order part from ADI"

Arrow Portugal:

Purchase blocked once again by ADI, requiring the following information:
Name of project
Description of project
Annual qty
Who is designing (it's suspect for an individual or a group to be ordering so many not for production)

Yes, along the process I've provided this info in bits, the names of the ADI guys from the MM2021 to contact for info, etc., but now it has to be provided in this form.
VAT issue is not clear, apparently I might be issued an invoice from Spain without VAT ("intra-comunitary purchase invoice doesn't have VAT", does any of you know about this?) After consultation with national authorities, it's the company that didn't charge for it that's in trouble, and there is no way for me to enter it anyway. At this point I don't care if either ARROW Spain or ADI is fined.

I'm 99% tired of this.

So if one of you(or a bunch) can provide a nice reply that will satisfy the ADI machine, I will copy/paste send whatever is agreed here by Monday 25 9.00 CEST
Otherwise I will just cancel the group buy.

Best Regards

The following users thanked this post: Sprock, MiDi

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2021, 07:13:54 pm »
Hello Voltnuts,

I received following communication from the ADI product marketing team in USA responsible for the ADR1000 release - In a nutshell they made following communication:

The ADR1000 will become available through various sales channels (Digikey - Mouser - Arrow) and an EV-board is in progress - but due to other related product releases (ADR100x) - with higher priority - this process is rolling out more slowly than anticipated - some patience is needed before this part will be available through your preferred distributor sales channel ...
The fact that Digikey and Mouser were mentioned means that for Voltnuts it will be much easier to order these parts in smaller quantitities & w/o VAT reg. hurdles

The ADI product marketing team is hoping to ‘release’ this part on the web by end of year.

Best regards
ScoobyDoo
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 07:56:13 pm by ScoobyDoo »

The following users thanked this post: doktor pyta, alm, Sprock, JK21

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2021, 11:22:40 am »
Dear all,

I waited a few more days since a member offered to try to help by contacting other channels.

At this point, even if they would sell me the parts, i can't be sure ARROW won't come back in 2022, knocking on my door asking to pay the vat they don't want to charge now. Therefore, regretfully I'm going to have to cancel the group buy.
I expect you to be as  :rant: as me, but hey, it's them who put the obstacles.

Best Regards
YetAnotherTechie

The following users thanked this post: Echo88, alm, MiDi, ScoobyDoo, DavidKo, Noopy

Offline razvan784

• Regular Contributor
Re: ADR1000AHZ Group buy EU only - CANCELLED -
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2021, 12:05:18 pm »
There's no reason for anyone to be angry towards you. Thank you very much for your effort. Your good intentions are appreciated.

The following users thanked this post: Sprock, MiDi

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Regular Contributor
Re: ADR1000AHZ Group buy EU only - CANCELLED -
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2021, 11:17:05 am »

Hello YetAnotherTechie,
                                       it was very noble from You to undertake this initiative ... - however the real VoltNuts will have to wait until ADI has released an evaluation board for ADR1000 and that will be used to promote the ADR1000 through sales channels of Digikey - Mouser (and Arrow).

It is a well known fact that also private customers can order from Digikey - Mouser without need of VAT reg. number - they will just charge you to pay (VAT) upfront.

ADI informed me that the ADR1000 should be orderable from Mouser & Digikey at the end of this year - if no further hurdles pop up.

Best regards
ScoobyDoo

The following users thanked this post: Dr. Frank, Andreas, DavidKo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf