Author Topic: New LTZ1000 10V Reference build (WAS: Agilent Keysight 03458-66509...)  (Read 16210 times)

Offline RaxTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: New LTZ1000 10V Reference build (WAS: Agilent Keysight 03458-66509...)
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2024, 01:27:23 am »
The way to add a near linear compensation is a small resistor in series with the zener.

I get it, but that's not a part available in the kit/PCB I'm using (Frank's), so it's more of a distraction from my vantage point.

Offline dietert1

• Super Contributor
    • CADT Homepage
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2024, 09:55:24 am »
If one gets/makes an oven for TC determination one can later use it to run the reference(s) inside - at a constant temperature. So the investment isn't lost. Also: Using an outer oven at constant temperature may be as good and easier than the TC adjustment.

Regards, Dieter

The following users thanked this post: Rax

Offline RaxTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2024, 12:19:38 pm »
If one gets/makes an oven for TC determination one can later use it to run the reference(s) inside - at a constant temperature. So the investment isn't lost. Also: Using an outer oven at constant temperature may be as good and easier than the TC adjustment.

Regards, Dieter

This perspective is indeed very pertinent (and in my mind, and in some ways, the opposite of dialing in by "400k resistor tweaking" an LTZ1000 kit, which is intended to make it nearly agnostic of environmental variations). As I was researching how to do the latter, I've came to consider getting a small incubator. But beyond that use, this would also allow me to strictly control the temperature the kit is "seeing," and so running all LTZ1000(A) references inside such an environment whenever they need to deliver their "output of calibration" I think is a very good idea.

And yet another option I am still considering is having some sort of heating provisions for the inside of the kit(s) enclosure(s). There's already a thermistor provided on the board, and running some sort of heater at constant/controlled temperature may not add a lot to the project (but rather back burner on my docket).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf