Author Topic: Bird Electronics SA-1700EX Site Analyzer Calibration  (Read 761 times)

Offline Roy D. MercerTopic starter

• Contributor
Bird Electronics SA-1700EX Site Analyzer Calibration
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:09:46 am »
Does anyone know how Bird’s site analyzers are factory calibrated? They want $400 for a factory calibration. I replaced the on board coin cell. While I had it apart I saw no clues as to how it’s designed to be calibrated or put into a calibration mode. One thing I am not sure about is if I perform an OSL calibration with a load that has an average return loss of -42 dB, the Bird sets the reference to -60 dB.. Does anyone know if this is normal? When I perform an OSL calibration with a load much closer to -60 dB, the unit seems to be pretty accurate but It sure would be nice to know how the factory calibration is done.

Offline Magnificent Bastard

• Regular Contributor
Re: Bird Electronics SA-1700EX Site Analyzer Calibration
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 03:40:34 am »
Does anyone know how Bird’s site analyzers are factory calibrated? They want $400 for a factory calibration. I replaced the on board coin cell. While I had it apart I saw no clues as to how it’s designed to be calibrated or put into a calibration mode. One thing I am not sure about is if I perform an OSL calibration with a load that has an average return loss of -42 dB, the Bird sets the reference to -60 dB.. Does anyone know if this is normal? When I perform an OSL calibration with a load much closer to -60 dB, the unit seems to be pretty accurate but It sure would be nice to know how the factory calibration is done.

Ask the factory if you can purchase a user/service/calibration manual (set).  Tell them you will post the results on an international engineering BBS that has over 150000 users-- AND WE ENGINEERS ALL TALK TO EACH OTHER.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf