Electronics > Metrology

Cropico ESC1 electronic standard cell / a look inside.

(1/3) > >>

lowimpedance:
Another bit of obsolete 80's vintage volt ref kit. Used as a travelling  transfer standard for labs etc.
This sample is one of, (rescued!), quite a few that were tossed out a number of years back and has sat un used in a dark corner of my junk cupboard till now.
Some pics of the front, the rather large number of battery holders (18 D cells), the inside of the front terminals with some noise filtering. Also a series of pics
of the various covers being removed down to the REF pcb and its copper box holding the zener.
I tried to power it up from a bench supply to get a pic of a 34401 reading the outputs but before I got the camera the unit went  :-BROKE...............lol.
Noted the dipped tants. >    odds on its one of them.

lowimpedance:
And to complete the documentation here is the operators handbook, some useful info of its development from Cropico and a marketing flyer.

Richard Head:
Looks like a Matryoshka doll. Probably very effective at controlling the temperature.

manganin:

--- Quote from: lowimpedance on March 16, 2016, 05:39:00 am ---And to complete the documentation here is the operators handbook

--- End quote ---

The reference is practically identical to the LTZ1000 circuit (without an op-amp). Including the 120R resistor and the 5mA current.

--- Quote from: Richard Head on March 16, 2016, 05:52:21 am ---Looks like a Matryoshka doll. Probably very effective at controlling the temperature.

--- End quote ---

Looks like a pay day for the die cast enclosure manufacturer.

Vgkid:
Thanks for the teardown, certainly an interesting unit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version