Electronics > Metrology

Electron Plus SPA100 Source Picoammeter / High Resistance Meter

<< < (3/5) > >>

bsw_m:
Thanks.
My interest in the resistance of the Rf is only in the context of a rough estimate of the possible noise floor of the amplifier.

bsw_m:

--- Quote from: fcb on November 30, 2021, 07:34:38 pm ---We haven't noticed any noise we can trace back to insulator materials. The insulated 50R BNC's are made from white polypropylene (so without black/carbon fillers).

--- End quote ---

Measuring current generation after physical impact (connection) and noise. Pay attention to how long it takes to settle (More that 2 hours). Also You can view noise of this triax connector.

Case and inner ring(guard ring) are connected to ground, central pin connected to electrometer input. Direct connection without using a cable. The input connector of the electrometer served as a measuring chamber.

In addition to the graph, I also attach the raw data in the archive.

fcb:
Interesting. What picoammeter/electrometer are you using, and what did the test setup look like?

Your data is approx -0.28fA to -0.04fA (40aA!) - what makes you think this is purely noise from the triax insulator and not from elsewhere?

bsw_m:

--- Quote from: fcb on December 01, 2021, 01:03:46 pm ---Interesting. What picoammeter/electrometer are you using, and what did the test setup look like?
--- End quote ---

For this measurement I'm use my V7-45 electrometer. Self noise of this electrometer in attach.
Also measurement setup looks like at the photo in the attachment.

In these photos, I not connect the ground. As I quickly reassemble it to show how it looked.

--- Quote from: fcb on December 01, 2021, 01:03:46 pm ---Your data is approx -0.28fA to -0.04fA (40aA!) - what makes you think this is purely noise from the triax insulator and not from elsewhere?

--- End quote ---
I think the above description and the attached graphs and photographs describe why I am confident that I have measured the noise and parasitic current of a standard  triaxial connector with PTFE insulator.

fcb:
Great.  Looks like a beast of instrument.  I'm assuming these are only available used in FSR countries?

I'm assuming the V7-45 is a two box unit.  Any pix of the insides?? ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version