Author Topic: Help a Precision Metrology Amateur Understand ADRMU LTZ1000A Voltage Reference  (Read 2101 times)

Offline ZGoodeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Grad student by day, equipment nerd also by day
Hello Fellow Metrology Geeks,
I'm looking to replicate a version of Marco Rep's ADRMU and wanted to make sure I am reading his schematics correctly.  If I am understanding correctly, I need to populate the correct resistors in the configuration arrays shown on page two.  Whereas, all the other parts shown on pages 1, 3, and 4 do not change depending on LTZ/ADR configuration.
Is this understanding correct?  I just want to make sure I am not focusing my time doing math for sections that need no or minimal calculations to setup.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 09:26:31 pm by ZGoode »

Online chuckb

• Frequent Contributor
In general that is correct. However on page four you have a gain stage at U401. The gain will be different when using the LTZ1000 (7.14V) verses the ADR1000 (6.6v).

If you are laying out a new PCB I would change the page two 0.1u capacitors (C201, C203, C204) from 0603 X7R to 1206 C0G. They will have 100x less current noise.

On page 2, capacitor C204, LTZ1000 factory recommends 22nF, ADR1000 recommends 100n.

Good luck!

The following users thanked this post: ZGoode

Offline ZGoodeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Grad student by day, equipment nerd also by day
Thanks for taking the time to respond!
I am looking to use his board as is for my first attempt at a voltage reference before doing my own board layout.  I have found some 0704 C0G 0.1uF capacitors as you suggested for C201/3 and a 22nF C0G 0805 for C204.
Also, thanks for catching the gain thing.  I knew the LTZ1000 had a different voltage than the ADR1000, but forgot to account for that with the OPAMP.  Looks like the OPAMP is using the resistor network which I still need to do the math for.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf