Electronics > Metrology

Lowest drift, lowest noise voltage reference (ADR1000AHZ)

<< < (59/60) > >>

branadic:
Blue line is the ADR1399 voltage the rest are temperature sensors nearby. The difference is in the scale ;)

-branadic-

Andreas:
Update on ageing drift of my ADR#01 + #02 now ~2 kHrs after adjustment/burn in.

compare also:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/lowest-drift-lowest-noise-voltage-reference/msg4189336/#msg4189336

Average drift is now ~1.2 ppm/kHr so -2.4 ppm for the last 2 kHrs.

I have added temperature because my lab temperature is now increasing.
(it is internal temperature of my AD587LW references which are nearby the ADR references so ~2-3 deg C above room temperature).

with best regards

Andreas

branadic:
I passed 8000 h, hence an update on the diagrams. There is a jump at about 7800 h, which is me pulling my Datron 4000A calibrator from the rack for repair and which the R6581D obviously didn't like  :-DD
From the results measured I was able to create the plots Drift2 and Drift4, which represents what the R6581D would have measured for each reference. Common mode effects on all curves would then represent the LTZ in the R6581D itself, while the rest would belong to the individual reference.

-branadic-

Andreas:
Hello,

again update on ageing drift of my ADR#01 + #02 now ~3 kHrs after adjustment/burn in.

On day 98 I added a buffer on the 6.6V previously unbuffered output on ADR#01 added some EMI coils + capacitors and put all into a aluminium enclosure. The additional measurement shows that there is no change on output voltage except measurement stray.

The ageing measurements suffer from high lab temperatures of ~30 deg C leading to nearby measured temperatures ~33 deg C of NTC.
So I cannot really tell wether the ageing rate now slows down to ~1ppm/kHr or if it is only due to high lab temperatures.

with best regards

Andreas

branadic:
Today, one year ago I've started the measurement of my ADR1000 reference. Here are the results I monitored so far.
New in these series of plots is image Drift3.png, where I've calculated what the R6581 would have measured them, but with the influence of the meter removed (image Drift2.png with common mode effect removed). Note that I've pulled my calibrator from the rack at ~7700h (~4400h in Drift4.png), what influenced the readings of the meter.

Is the reference stable now? Not sure about that, could be that we see this years hot summer as an influence on the ADR, with an overall rise in the lab temperature from 6000h on, while the temperature spikes not being visible. It needs further observation to see how that evolves.

Also interesting to see the difference between both F7000, which is on average 3 ┬ÁV/year.

-branadic-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version