Author Topic: MET/CAL Procedure Writing  (Read 1057 times)

Offline moosebiscuitTopic starter

MET/CAL Procedure Writing
« on: March 21, 2024, 01:36:43 pm »
Good morning everybody,

I am trying to incorporate some new standards and test equipment that we do not currently have MET/CAL calibration procedures for. I don't have the thousands of dollars to get the fluke seminar/training, and I have been reading up on the syntax and everything, but I am still a little bit lost. I am familiar with automation using Python, but I would like to get into building METCAL procedures for standardization in my lab. I know this is a broad question, but I would like to get a basic understanding of what is going on. I understand that there are sub-procedures that are linked to the main procedure, but I'm not really sure how to go about writing my own. I am used to a linear script based approach, but the subprocedures kind of throw me for a loop. For example, I have many E3600 series power supplies that I would like to use a 8845A/8846A DMM and a Tek MDO32 oscilloscope as standards. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to reference to for these models regarding MET/CAL procs. Any guidance would be appreciated, thank you.

Offline RYcal

• Contributor
Re: MET/CAL Procedure Writing
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 09:18:57 pm »
There are FSC's for the 884X series DMMs built in. If the Oscope has a comm port then you could get that talking via MET/CAL as well.

I have offered training in the past at a far better rate than Fluke and I tailor it to suit the client's needs.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf