Author Topic: Pendulum (Spectracom) STA-61 Tester Analyzer with SRS PRS-10B  (Read 1636 times)

Offline SoundTech-LGTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hi,

I picked this up a couple years ago from someone in Japan. It appears very accurate against 4 other standards I had running. A couple of Spectracom SyncServer GPS units, and a stand alone PRS-10.
I doubt they sold many. A portable calibrator was the idea. The interesting part is it has a SRS PRS10B in it. I don't know what the "B" version offers, but it seems quite accurate. Some photos.

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Pendulum (Spectracom) STA-61 Tester Analyzer with SRS PRS-10B
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:57:27 pm »
Hi,

I got a reply back from SRS Tech Support...

The B unit has a longer warm up time but takes less current during warmup.

Regards,

Dave Ames
SRS

Offline notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 12:27:15 pm »
That's really neat Dave.  I recently got another calibrator that's made by Anritsu YP-1079A.  It's also got a PRS-10 inside it.  I'll post a little run down to compare with.  I've ran it against my 5061B and it's good.  It runs on two big lithium batteries that you can pop in and out.  I'll post some timelab graphs and pics later.  The manual is all in Japanese.

Bill
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 12:30:31 pm by notfaded1 »
.ılılı..ılılı.
notfaded1

The following users thanked this post: SoundTech-LG

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 05:12:19 pm »
Hi,

Yeah, Dave is from SRS Support...  I'm Martin, sorry for the confusion...

I have been ADEV graphing my standards with this thing. Was blown away when I did the graph for my standalone PRS-10. I might post some graphs after I get a few more done.

The following users thanked this post: notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 05:16:09 pm »
Great manual if you know Japanese!

Offline notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 06:23:14 pm »
Great manual if you know Japanese!

Yeah Martin... I was wondering about that actually since I thought I've known you from around here for while already lol!  The one part of the Japanese manual I could understand was the part that said... PRS-10!  :-+  I bet mine has a B in it too since it's made to run from those two batteries.  BTW those batteries aren't cheap!  The batteries alone, depending on where you buy them from, are about $550 at the cheapest for two.  I've seen some people trying to sell the batteries for $800 each even!  The performance I've found is a little better when running from the batteries vs. with DC power supply for charging connected.  Both are really good but on the batteries it dips lower on the ADEV.

Bill
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 06:26:53 pm by notfaded1 »
.ılılı..ılılı.
notfaded1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 02:24:12 pm »
Yes Bill, PRS-10 is quite the amazing item. Sorry to hear about the battery expense, is it just the custom size that causes the issue? Interesting you get slightly better ADEV using them. The STA-61 has a battery option, but mine does not have it.
I did an experimental ADEV 8 hour run using the tester's (PRS-10) timebase... looped it on a short coax to the test input. It was even better results than the standalone PRS-10 I have... Not sure if this is a valid test or not, but I think so.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf