Author Topic: SOLVED: Fluke 5520a Error - ERROR 399: Fault during DIZ330U  (Read 707 times)

Offline CalibrationGuyTopic starter

• Supporter
I was verifying functionality of a newly acquired 3458a from eBay without any issues yesterday. Meter tested fine. Today, I put the shorting jumper back on and tried to do the 7 day calibrator zeroing routine. Got the following error: "ERROR 399: Fault during DIZ330U". Diagnostic routine stops at same error. Unit was working before 3458a check and removal of shorting jumper between AUX LO AND 20A binding posts. Voltage, current, resistance, and frequency outputs work normally.

Any ideas, thoughts?

TomG.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2024, 03:45:23 pm by CalibrationGuy »

Offline CalibrationGuyTopic starter

• Supporter
Re: Fluke 5520a Error - ERROR 399: Fault during DIZ330U
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 03:44:52 pm »
So I can answer my own question in case someone comes across this issue. This calibrator was working perfectly until I removed the copper jumper for the zeroing operation when I was testing the 3458a. I tried several different gauges of copper wire, stranded, single conductor, etc. After some head scratching, I decided to clean the tellurium copper binding posts again, this time really scrubbing the daylights out of them. After replacing the original (also cleaned) copper jumper, the test ran without issue.

Moral of the story, check everything at least twice, and when it comes to copper binding posts, they can never be too clean. Hope this helps someone.

TomG.

The following users thanked this post: eplpwr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf