Electronics > Metrology

Raspberry Pi2/3 logging platform for Voltnuts

<< < (88/88)

electronomicon:

--- Quote from: guenthert on November 23, 2023, 09:02:04 pm ---No, I was hoping for the syslog, but was chiefly looking for the fxload entries (which I now understand won't be there) and potential power problems, which we were now assured didn't occur.

--- End quote ---
Correct, no fxload entries in the syslog.

But I found some udev related stuff I hadn’t seen before, maybe this is of any help?

--- Code: ---raspi-config[331]: Error opening '/dev/input/event*': No such file or directory
[…]
systemd-udevd[141]: regulatory.0: Process '/lib/crda/crda' failed with exit code 249.
systemd-udevd[135]: event0: Process '/usr/sbin/th-cmd --socket /var/run/thd.socket -- passfd --udev' failed with exit code 1.
systemd-udevd[141]: regulatory.0: Process '/lib/crda/crda' failed with exit code 249.
[…]
/usr/local/lib/udev/gpib_udev_config:entered for Product: 957/718/0 Devpath: /devices/platform/soc/20980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1:1.0 Serial: CP1001xxxx
/usr/local/lib/udev/gpib_udev_config: gpib_config options: --board-type agilent_82357a
[…]
systemd-udevd[136]: 1-1:1.0: Process '/usr/local/lib/udev/gpib_udev_config' failed with exit code 255.

--- End code ---

guenthert:

--- Quote from: alm on November 23, 2023, 10:01:08 pm ---
--- Quote from: guenthert on November 23, 2023, 09:02:04 pm ---Oh, right, the Beiming is more different from the Agilent than I expected, given that Agilent sold also models made by Beiming (and bears the same USB product id).

--- End quote ---
Based on what someone claiming to be the designer of the Beiming adapter writes here, Beiming never made adapters for Agilent/Keysight.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, that was an interesting read.  So he was forbidden to mention Agilent in the eBay listing, but got away using their USB vendor id.  Looks like a mess, oh well.  And since that fellow stopped selling those devices eight years ago for it being too much of a hassle for little gain, there is only a slim hope getting him to help with the Linux side.

electronomicon:
Small update from me: I never heard back from the Beiming guy. I ended up getting a used Agilent 82357B and it’s working now. Everything was perfectly set up already from my previous attempts, basically I just had to plug it in. Going to pass on the Beiming adapter, as it’s still perfectly usable under Windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version