Author Topic: Request for information - Ovenaire OSC 49-63B 10 Mhz oscillator (HP-0960-0541-1)  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Erik LTopic starter

Ovenaire OSC 49-63B 10 Mhz oscillator (HP-0960-0541-1)

I have made some research on the internet for this oscillator but haven't found any data so far  :(
Does anyone on this amazing forum possess any information?
Looking first of all for the required power for the unit, eventually datasheet would be fantastic.

Thanks!

Offline Erik LTopic starter

Wallace Gasiewicz tipped me that this oscillator could have been used in the HP 8672A.
I downloaded the user and service manual and found out the power supply for the oscillator.
Needed to do a little reverse engineering to find out the use of each pins on it.
Details in the attached picture, maybe it can help someone else.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 05:42:32 pm by Erik L »

The following users thanked this post: alm, grizewald

Offline grizewald

• Frequent Contributor
I have a very similar Ovenaire OCXO, original HP part number 0960-0477, subsequently renumbered to 5063-0257.
Ovenaire part number OSC49-61C.

Possible, but unconfirmed specs:
Ageing Rate  +/- 5x10-8/week (after 72 hours warm-up)
                      +/- 1x10-7/month (after 15 days warm-up)

I used this OCXO for a 5334A to replace the awful TCXO that was originally fitted.

As the 5334A has +15V available for the oven power, that's what I used to power it. It drew 333mA from cold for 17 minutes before dropping back to 220mA and then more slowly down to 163mA after 25 minutes. The oven monitor signal started at 12.7V when cold and dropped down to 5.9V once. It finally stabilised at 151mA after 45 minutes and 5.5V This was with the OCXO in free air, so it will most likely be lower inside a case.

The oscillator wanted 12V which resulted in a rock solid 2.5V P-P 10MHz sine wave and consumed just 18mA. Using 5V for the oscillator power only sort of worked and gave a twitchy and low level output.

In the picture below, pin 1 is on the left and the pins are as follows:

1 - Oven ground
2 - Oven power
3 - Oven monitor
4 - Oscillator power
5 - Ground - connected to case
6 - Ground

Lord of Sealand

The following users thanked this post: Wallace Gasiewicz, Erik L

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf