Electronics > Metrology

Resistors Used in an LM399 Circuit

(1/2) > >>

Chance92:
I found a reference circuit in an old Valhalla 4300B micro-ohm meter. I wonder what type of resistors these are? Do they have low temp coefficients?

Grandchuck:
I will guess that they are wire wound.

Edwin G. Pettis:
That is easy to answer, we made those for Valhalla, back in the early '80s, we went by the name GoldStar Resistors then, we made all of their resistors....note the same yellow cases as Ultrohm Plus uses (when available).  They have the same specs as Ultrohm Plus, TCR of 0±3PPM/°C.  Of course they are precision wire wound resistors.

TiN:
Spider webs and strategically tilted LM399, -10 ppms to performance  >:D

Chance92:

--- Quote from: Edwin G. Pettis on August 14, 2022, 03:50:42 am ---That is easy to answer, we made those for Valhalla, back in the early '80s, we went by the name GoldStar Resistors then, we made all of their resistors....note the same yellow cases as Ultrohm Plus uses (when available).  They have the same specs as Ultrohm Plus, TCR of 0±3PPM/°C.  Of course they are precision wire wound resistors.

--- End quote ---

Wow! Thank you for the info. I didn't expect someone from the manufacturer to answer my question. EEVblog is a magical place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version