Author Topic: Rs components Europe calibration service  (Read 1201 times)

Offline NaxFMTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rs components Europe calibration service
« on: October 04, 2022, 02:16:37 pm »
Distributor RS components has a calibration service for all sorts of test equipment.
I just received a quote of 220 euro VAT included for an accredited calibration for a 34401A multimeter, which includes full instrument adjustment in case something is out of spec.
The quote is about the same as some local labs asked me, but it includes the free adjustment which is a very big deal.

Do you have any experience with their calibration service? If so, what did you have calibrated and how the certificates look like?

Edit: they also offer non accredited calibration certificate, in this case the quote is 190 euro VAT included
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:21:41 pm by NaxFM »

Offline Andreas

• Super Contributor
Re: Rs components Europe calibration service
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 04:26:57 am »
Hello,

not here in germany. They recommend to send devices for re-calibration to their partner TESTO (which is a larger cal-lab here).

with best regards

Andreas

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 08:17:01 pm »
At the time of writing (Oct 2022) RS UK does it for £120/90 not sure if that with or without VAT.

I have seen their certs and they are ok. If it's a ILAC + 17025 lab than the quality should be fine. If you are chasing the part per butterfly then you will have to compare their Uncertainties with the other labs to make sure you are getting the best deals.

It's also not uncommon for most labs to do minor adjustments as part of the Calibration. Expect before and after results if they do.

Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

Offline Villain

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 05:18:04 pm »
At the time of writing (Oct 2022) RS UK does it for £120/90 not sure if that with or without VAT.

I have seen their certs and they are ok. If it's a ILAC + 17025 lab than the quality should be fine. If you are chasing the part per butterfly then you will have to compare their Uncertainties with the other labs to make sure you are getting the best deals.

It's also not uncommon for most labs to do minor adjustments as part of the Calibration. Expect before and after results if they do.

I had quite the laugh at "If it's a ILAC + 17025 lab than the quality should be fine"

In my humble opinion only UKAS and NVLAP have good quality standards, A2LA is worst and ANAB not much better. Can not say much about Asia's accreditation bodies.

The following users thanked this post: TiN

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 05:44:01 pm »

I had quite the laugh at "If it's a ILAC + 17025 lab than the quality should be fine"

In my humble opinion only UKAS and NVLAP have good quality standards, A2LA is worst and ANAB not much better. Can not say much about Asia's accreditation bodies.

I am under UKAS and we all work with the same standards partly stewardship covered by ILAC so its disheartening that it's not the same the world over. But who audits the auditors etc.
Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf