Author Topic: Solartron '7081' Precision Volt Meter  (Read 2947 times)

Offline IconicPCBTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Solartron '7081' Precision Volt Meter
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:45:14 am »
http://www.go-dove.com/en/auction/view?id=11862684

These are times when one wishes to be in the land of warm beer

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: Solartron '7081' Precision Volt Meter
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:15:48 am »
Tee hee, my picture from last week :) Or should that be TEA hee?

Looks like the NiCd battery has failed and someone may have fiddled with the calibration.

I wonder what the selling price will be.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/test-equipment-anonymous-(tea)-group-therapy-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=292630;image

P.S. I was getting worried about my self-control w.r.t. that auction, but then I saw the minimum selling prices :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:33:13 am by tggzzz »
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 07:30:15 pm »
The unit went for 280 pounds..
There was a rush of bids in the final hour of the auction( 5 bids).
Damn. I hate warm beer.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 09:18:28 pm »
I'd better not tell you what I paid for mine 😀 Let me just say that 10.0000V Trancell sources, and some reasonzbly accurate "steam punk" resistors cost me £15 each. OTOH the Weston Standard cells were more or less free.

But if I was 20 years younger, I'd be thinking of emigrating to Australia. As it is you don't want to have me :(
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 09:30:17 pm »
So it seems great value for 280 pounds.

As for me not wanting You... nonsense. I am simply saying... I prefer cold beer.

Many years ago I visited a company in the area of Bath. Bath Scientific Limited. I bought one of their flying probe testers.
Loved the time I spent there.
Other than the architecture and history of the area, the experience of a summer day in a bus travelling past a forest and being flooded by the cool forest air remains with me to date.
Australian bush does provide the welcome shade in summer but it is nothing like the cold wave emanating from that forest near Melksham.

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 10:35:47 pm »
So it seems great value for 280 pounds.

As for me not wanting You... nonsense. I am simply saying... I prefer cold beer.

Agh! I should have written "you lot"! (Unsurprisingly and reasonably you don't want unproductive elderly refugees from Brexit to emigrate and become a burden on the state)

Many years ago I visited a company in the area of Bath. Bath Scientific Limited. I bought one of their flying probe testers.
Loved the time I spent there.
Other than the architecture and history of the area, the experience of a summer day in a bus travelling past a forest and being flooded by the cool forest air remains with me to date.
Australian bush does provide the welcome shade in summer but it is nothing like the cold wave emanating from that forest near Melksham.

I know Bath well, since it is only 15 miles away.

I quite understand your points about forests. I lived in Cambridge for a few years, and while the town was fun, the surrounding country had no contours and no trees. After a while that got to me, since I feel at home walking through forests to emerge on a hillside.

My daughter took herself off to Aus between school and university, and greatly enjoyed working her way up the east coast and then down through the centre. She finally ended up with some distant relatives in Melbourne for a couple of weeks. I wish I was young again ;}

But, if you have the right mentality, you can find something good/interesting in most places.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf