Author Topic: Suggestions for a cal lab to ship to in the USA  (Read 1045 times)

Offline GridstopTopic starter

• Contributor
Suggestions for a cal lab to ship to in the USA
« on: April 08, 2021, 06:15:32 pm »
I'm fixing up a Keithley 2000 (just needs caps, everything else seems fine so far, might update firmware too). But it's at least 5 years since cal and doesn't have a sticker from any particular lab, so I want to get an initial full cal on it. Eventually I might join in on the US cal club here to keep an eye on it.

There's no labs in town or within 4 hours drive of me (Midwest), other than the one at work which I can't use. The closest big city that would have labs would be Minneapolis, MN. But unless I could get one there to do it as next-day drop off & pickup while I'm on a vacation or something, I think I'll be stuck shipping. So I'm interested if anyone has had particular good/bad experiences shipping a DMM for cal to any particular labs in the US. The one that jumped out was the custom cal guys, offering standard cal for $95, plus of course shipping both ways, but it's hard to search for reviews for something like that. So I'm interested in any specific recommendations. Thanks!

Offline ElizatronicWarfare

• Contributor
Re: Suggestions for a cal lab to ship to in the USA
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 10:41:29 am »
Well, that depends on what you want out of your calibration. Different labs have different capabilities.
Professional RF and electronic test-and-measurement technician.

Offline GridstopTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 12:51:43 pm »
I have no specific needs in terms of certification or uncertainties. Just what most refer to as a 'standard calibration' for a 6.5 digit DMM, maybe possibly with before/after data if it's not too expensive.

At this point I'd appreciate any reviews/testimonials/suggestions/warnings about any cal lab that does shipping. Even if someone here has shipped a DMM for cal and it just went 'fine' I'd take it at this point :)

Offline ElizatronicWarfare

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 09:48:38 am »
Well, the OEM would probably have the best capability to test the 2000 against its' specs. You could drop what's left of Keithley an email and ask about their rates.
Professional RF and electronic test-and-measurement technician.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf