Electronics > Metrology

Tolerance stackup

<< < (5/5)

Kleinstein:
The distribution of resistor values can be even worse: with some types they select the good ones and sell them as low tolerance and sell the rest with high tolerances. This way the good parts from the center are removed. This can apply to some times, but does not apply to all types.
Besides selection, the other method is a trim to a target values with more or less time spend to get the tolerance classes. So the lower grade just go through the machine faster, or a lower grade machine for the trim.

A similar mechanism may apply to the reference. At least the high grades are usually timmed and checked / sorted.

David Hess:

--- Quote from: Kleinstein on October 31, 2021, 08:05:43 pm ---The distribution of resistor values can be even worse: with some types they select the good ones and sell them as low tolerance and sell the rest with high tolerances. This way the good parts from the center are removed. This can apply to some times, but does not apply to all types.
--- End quote ---

I know others have reported it for less reputable brands, but I have never seen it myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version