Author Topic: ADR1001 - Ovenized Voltage Reference System  (Read 95483 times)

langlv, floobydust, jaromir, miro123, Noopy, bck and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online EC8010

• Regular Contributor
Re: ADR1001 - Ovenized Voltage Reference System
« Reply #325 on: Yesterday at 09:28:06 pm »
I've just back-ordered an ADR1001 evaluation board from Mouser UK and been given a 30 July despatch date...

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #326 on: Yesterday at 09:34:54 pm »
The older high end zener references are in the 6.2 to 7.5 V and maybe 10 V range. This is OK for some uses, but needs extra effort to use with an ADC or DAC chip that wants 5 V at most.
With a 7 V ref and divider down to 5 V the divider can add quite some costs and drift. It is not a principle issue in designing a ref. circuit. The problem is more in getting suitable parts and valid specs for the long term drift part.

Chances are the long term drift depends on the set temperature for the chip. Another point is the mechincal design around the ADR1001.

Online floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #327 on: Today at 12:21:08 am »
Pretty sure the fab is done in Taiwan, hermetic packaging in Philippines. Earthquake and dozens of aftershocks possibly adding a delay.
I will never forgive ADI for shutting down LT Hillview fab in Milpitas CA, which used to make our favorite ref IC's. Longtime proven quality. But it's sadly outsourced now and I would expect issues until the fab pulls it off.

Online iMoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • It's important to try new things..
« Reply #328 on: Today at 08:08:51 am »
Milpitas list..
I see there only two parts usually discussed here - LTC2057 and LTC665x..
« Last Edit: Today at 08:16:50 am by iMo »

Online floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #329 on: Today at 08:39:34 pm »
I remember the LTC Milpitas wafer fab change notice because it included LTFLU1A/SZ263 - which I thought were long obsolete.
It seems to have been wiped, I will keep digging see if I saved it. ADI is not saying a peep about it now.
Anyone know for sure where the LTC refs, including the new ADR1001 are being fab'd?

Other LTC parts i.e. PCN 19_0067 - June 2022 Product/Process Change Notice - 0.35 micron wafer fab from Hillview CA outsourced to Vanguard International Semiconductor Taiwan (subsidiary of TSMC). I suspect they are doing the ref fab.
Also hermetic packaging was outsourced, "22_0324 Feb-2021 ADI Philippines (ADPI) as an assembly plant to replace ADI Hillview for commercial hermetic products in TO5, TO39 and Sidebrazed Packages. {LTFLU1A, LTC1100-10, LTZ1000A}

My point is outsourcing advanced IC technology doesn't go well because the IC's are not yet commodities. It's a bean counter approach. You can't just play Lego with this stuff.
I imagine it's special fab process/lithography, a lot of specialty burn-in and test and manual labour involved- which is not mainstream.
I could be wrong and the production delays are something minor...

Online EC8010

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #330 on: Today at 08:46:07 pm »
I will never forgive ADI for shutting down LT Hillview fab in Milpitas CA,

I'll never forgive them buying Linear Technology and imposing the AD corporate model. I was told that LT people were very unhappy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf